Chapter 34.

Don't play song until Nikki starts to dance!!

After countless pictures, Brittni making sure every one is perfect, we're finally on our way

After countless pictures, Brittni making sure every one is perfect, we're finally on our way. Much to Jackson's dismay, though, were riding separately.

"You look amazing tonight, baby," Colten praises, grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on the back.

I blush. "And you look very handsome."

"Why thank you," he smirks making me roll our eyes. Conversation is light as we drive to the school, but I don't mind. I'm excited and nervous at the same time to be here with a date, but I'm sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.

When we finally pull into the parking lot of the school, I can already see the line of students trying to get into the dance. The sky is dark and only the outside lights shine on the pathway to lead us.

"Ready?" Colten asks, and I nod. I laugh when he opens my door for me, bowing in respect. Our hands our held in one another's while we wait to be let in. Brittni and Jackson meet us by the gym before we go in.

"I think Stacy said she was with Nick, so he's pretty tall. Shouldn't be that hard to find." I nod and look around for Nick. We finally spot him and lead our dates over to the group. Luckily, James is over here too along with Tristen and Justin so Colten and my brother have someone to talk to. None of them brought dates, though, so they're all just grinding with random girls.

"Hey!" Stacy excitedly greets us, hugging us both. "You look so good!"

"Thank you," I smile with Brittni. Colten's arms wrap around my waist from behind while he talks with James about something.

"Did you know Adam came here with Angelique?" Stacy questions, looking highly confused.

I'm just as shocked as everyone around me. I knew Adam and Angelique were working together, but coming to homecoming together? Hell no. I had no idea that they were even that close. I thought their friendship came out of their hatred for Colten and I being together.

"As in together, together?" Jackson asks, his arms around Brittni.

"I don't know," she shakes her head. "Angelique wasn't wearing a corsage, but they rode and walked in together."

I frown. Adam is too sweet for Angelique to be corrupting him. And I have to admit, this makes me a little nervous. What if they are only here together to pull another stunt? I really want this night to go perfect so if they do plan something, I'm going to be extremely upset.

"Don't worry about them, baby," Colten whispers in my ear. If it weren't for the music starting up, I'd be extremely zoned out with thoughts of the two.

I immediately recognize the next song that plays and luckily it puts me in a better mood.

Get low by lil John has always been a song the school plays at every dance, and every single time, I get low.