Chapter 24.

My eyes can't stray away from a pissed off Jackson. No ones can. He doesn't seem to notice, though. Maybe that's why he just walks straight to Brittni.

I wish I didn't feel hurt when he hugs Brittni and attempts a smile for her and not me, but I am the one who caused his pain. I'm a selfish bitch. A horrible sister.

Am I really, though? Is it so wrong for me to be with the person I love?

I look away finally when Jackson walks towards his team. This game could show just how angry Jackson is at Colten. With my boyfriend being the wide receiver and my brother being the quarterback, I'm worried how they're going to make this work.

As the buzzer goes off to start the game, my heart rate increases and I barely remember any of the cheers we're doing. This causes Brittni to look at me funny.

"Blue twenty! Blue twenty!" I hear Jackson yell faintly to his teammates before the play is in action. I'm not sure how most of the plays work, but I'm pretty sure this pass is supposed to go to Colten, or was. Instead, Jackson passes it to someone by the number of eighteen and he gets tackled right away. The coach yells some profanities before beckoning his team to the sidelines.

Jackson can't seriously be doing this. Can he? I get that he's mad at us, but he's seriously going to kill the chances of winning this game?

"This is not good," Brittni mumbles, watching as the coach yells at Jackson. He doesn't look like he cares.

Colten's eyes catch mine and I send him a worried look. He knows as well as I do that if Jackson doesn't quit acting like a kid for this game, we'll lose. I could care less if he curses at me and yells when we get home, but this is not the time nor place for his immaturity.

Again, another play is in active and Jackson does one that doesn't result in passing to Colten.

I'm pissed.

I know scouts are here looking at both Jackson and Colten and now my older brother is ruining his chances for an amazing college. All because of one little thing.

I want to feel bad for him, to empathize for what he's going through, but at this point I just can't. Not when he's acting like this. I mean, he'll willing to give something so big up because of this. It's just not okay.

By the time halftime comes around, we're down by one touchdown thanks to Jackson's actions the first play. I watch the boys go into the locker room and Brittni pulls me to face her.

"I'll talk to him," she panics. "I'll make sure he stops acting-"

"He won't listen," I look down. "When he's angry, he'll be this way for months."

"I can't still try-"

The sound of the rowdy football boys cuts her off. All of them are doing our school anthem except for Jackson and Colten. The difference is that, Jackson is in the front of the pack while Colten trails behind with a look of anger and frustration etched on his face.

He's walking towards me now.

"I'm sorry," I hug him. I don't know what to say or do to help him out. I want him to not let it get to him, but then again, maybe he should show anger towards my brother. I know I am. "I'm so so sorry."

"Don't apologize for him," he whispers, burying his face in my hair. "We'll figure it out."

"What if we don't?" I ask, clutching on to his jersey. I don't want to let him go.