Chapter 33.

"We're going to be late," I groan, trying to tie my bow into my half pony tail while Brittni drives.

"That's not my fault," she gives me a pointed look. I roll my eyes.

"I had to use the bathroom," I pout. If you knew how I felt after eating a bean burrito you'd understand why we're late. "Plus, were only late for the time we're supposed to be there. The game doesn't start for another thirty minutes."

"Yeah," she nods. "But I'd really rather not put coach in a bad mood. She's already pissed about some of the seniors drinking at the party last weekend."

Oh yeah. The party I didn't go to. I guess Shania, a senior on our team, got horribly drunk and passed out on the couch of the party. Some asshole took a picture of her with a cup spilled by her feet and sent it to a few people. Our coach found out and we all had run three miles. I hated her for that.

"I forgot about that," I sigh, finally managing to turn my bow the correct way as we pull into the school parking lot.

I'm not too surprised to see half the parking spaces taken already, it's homecoming for goodness sake. It's bound to be packed and some people are smart enough to get here early.

"Let's go."  I get out of the car with Brittni, grabbing my duffle bag as well. Of course it has to be horribly cold the day is this game. I just got out of the car and I already feel like freezing to death.

"Long, Joshie," our coach scowls. "Where have you been? The buffet started ten minutes ago."

"Sorry," Brittni sighs. "Nikki had some trouble before we came."

"Okay," Coach looks at us skeptically, but doesn't say anything else. "Well, all the food is on that table and the deserts are over there."

We both nod and tell her we're going to put our bags in the field house gym before walking that way.

After stuffing our faces with all types of foods sponsored by the cheer moms, we head over to the field to warm up.

I haven't seen Colten yet and I really want to before the game starts. Wish him good luck, if you know what I mean?

As we're in the middle of stretching our legs and such independently, a voice speaks in my ear making me jump.

"Colten!" I slap his chest only for me to be pulled into him. "You scared me."

"Did I?" He questions lowly, his eyes zooming in on my lips. "You look extremely hot right now."

"I'm actually quite cold." I go to laugh when his mouth is already covering mine. A moan of surprise leaves my lips, my arms wrapping around Colten either way. Our mouths move together, supplying heat to my body, especially when my boyfriend slips his tongue past my lips.

"That's enough," Jackson groans, sounding pissed and disgusted at the same time. I pull away quickly, my eyes widening. I didn't know he was right there.

Colten wraps his arm around my shoulder, his pads not the most comfortable thing in the world to be smushed against. Oh well.

"Did you bring me any food from that buffet?" Colten asks as Jackson and brittni walk closer, his arm around her.

"Nope," I cheekily grin earning a pinch to my side.

"Shouldn't you guys he practicing?" Brittni asks as my brother presses a kiss to her temple. It's so cute I want to be sick.

"Coach gave us a few minutes to mingle before the game," Colten says. "Guess he doesn't want all our energy to he out."

Brittni nods, whispering something in Jackson's ear. And I swear to god, his cheeks tint pink.