♡ 3 ♡

"This... has to be a joke", Kao murmured and was looking between Gulf and Ohm. He would normally be the last one to question his best friends or his alphas sentences, but ... this was a different situation.

"Are you sure of it...?"

Gulf slowly moved his head into Milds direction. To be honest, he didn't even have to see his best friend to know exactly what was going on inside him. Milds question was less a way of making sure that he heard right, then just a... gesture to not tell everything. Knowing Gulf since he was born and growing up together, it was obvious for Mild that Gulfs wolf reacted to that black wolf in a way, he had never seen before.  He could feel the pain and sadness radiating off him earlier, a similar feeling Mild had had on his 18th birthday, when he grew aware of his mates death. Well... in Gulfs case his mate wasn't completely dead. But his human side seemed to be.

Even though they couldn't be sure if that was 100% the case, for now there was nothing else to do then accepting the truth, even if it pained all of them.

Kao was feeling the aftereffect of thinking through everything that he got to know earlier. That other wolf had made sure Earth would somehow survive, and thanks to him they were able to meet and now spend their life together. He was deeply indebted to Tharn and the other even seemed to be his Alphas mate.
For Mild... it was different. He had seen Gulf being scared of finding his mate, after what happened to him and then his best friends hope fading over the years. Yes it was normal not to find them instantly, many took one or two years till they finally met their other half. Well, there were people who took longer too, it had already been 4 years for both Talay and Zee and 5,5 years till  Ohm met Fluke. But those were rare cases. The reason why it was so abnormal was due to the age difference of mates being small normally. Around 50% were born less than 1 year apart, 40% with less than 2 years age difference. If everyone's feeling was right, Gulf and Tharn's human would have an age difference of 3-4 years making them a very rare case.

"This possibility should stay in this room... no words to anyone else. I will ask Talay for his help with tending his injuries and Zee to help looking after him. But outside those people, it should stay a secret."

"What about Earth?" Kao carefully asked, trying to let it sound as casual as possible. He wasn't sure if hiding such a big thing from his mate would be a good idea.

"I think this is nothing we should trouble Nong Earth with, at least not at the current circumstances. This was the first time of him talking openly about back then. You should take some time together and talk. If Earth wants to visit Tharn, he can come to our house at any time. But I would like to wait with that for a couple of days, just so he can calm down here a little."

Kao nodded instantly, agreeing that the earlier remarks of earth were something they should talk about. He knew that Earth hadn't been ready to face his past there yet, but with Tharns appearance  the tables might have turned. He excused himself and then quickly made his way back home, leaving Gulf, Mild and Ohm back in the former Pack House.

"What is your plan now, Gulf?"

"It doesn't matter if he is my mate or not, I have decided to let him stay here with us. He went through horrible things all of those years. And he protected one of our pack members. At the very least, we can let him recover completely here and offer him to stay. Even if he is without a human, he could still get a nice warm place in one of the caves and can roam our territory freely" , Gulf announced, looking at his second and third-in-line while taking the decision. He needed time to find out if their hunch was real, if Tharn was really Types mate. And to find out what happened to Tharn's Human side.

"I will support you, thats out of question", Mild instantly agreed, giving his lifelong friend a warm smile.

"You have my support too, Gulf.", Ohm agreed secondly and even on his face appeared a warm and welcoming expression.