♡ Final ♡

When Mew slowly opened his eyes the next time, he could make out the ceiling of their shared bedroom, everything being quite dark except for the parts that were illuminated by the nightstand lamp. It must have been the middle of the night... but more than which time it was now, the young man was confused how he ended up here. He faintly remembered how they came home but... what happened after that?

"Mew."

The younger turned his head to the edge of the bed where Gulf was sitting, dressed in sweatpants and a wide shirt that exposed the olders neck and a part of his chest... not sure why... Mew had the desire to reach out to his... wait ... the wedding!

Once he remembered what was supposed to happen the day after the ritual, he sat up hurriedly in the bed, but soon felt a wave of dizzyness rolling over him that almost made him fall back, if it wasn't for the olders arms around him.

"Take it easy baby... everything is fine, okay?"

Gulf's voice was almost like honey, a sweet and calming existence that had Mew's heart calm down in an instant. The older helped him lay down again and then brought his hand to his fiancé's forehead, checking the temperature. Slowly, the memories started coming back to Mew, how he had felt really cold suddenly and the dizzyness that washed over him once he was finally on his own legs, trying to get over to the couch before he would faint. And now... hours must have passed since those happenings.

"When we came back from the ritual, you fainted because you got a fever from being in your wet clothes so long." The guilt in the other's voice was evident, Gulf probably feeling that he hadn't stepped in or prevented the situation. " I changed you out of your clothes and dried you off, dressed you and then got Nong Lay over here to give you something against the fever."

"The ceremony... "

"Don't worry. It's currently 1.30 am in the morning... and our wedding is in the late afternoon, so there is no rush baby", the older whispered and placed a cold cloth on Mew's head again. Now that he paid a little more attention to himself, after knowing his panic was for nothing, he could feel his own body shivering.

"Phi... I feel cold", he brought out with a hoarse voice, his throat feeling a little dry from not drinking anything throughout the day. But Gulf was quick to catch on, helping him to sit up a little and bringing a glass of water to his lips that was quickly emptied.

Once Mew was laying down again, Gulf stood up and walked around the bed, crawling into it before pulling the younger one in his arms. It took a moment till Mew was comfortable, his head resting on the other's chest and sniffing for the others scent... that brought a smile to his lips.

"Try to sleep a bit... okay?"

Mew moved his head a little to be able to look as his fiancé before placing a soft kiss on his neck. He would try his best to get some sleep... maybe it would make his body feel a little better...

.

.

.

.

"Are you sure you're feeling good enough?"

Gulf was leaning against the wall and looked at the younger concerned, who was currently sitting on the edge of the bed and resembled more a ghost than a living being. Though his fever had completely disappeared, Mew was still a little weak on his legs and even Talay was a little worried about him... He had adviced Gulf to either postpone the wedding, which was obviously quite difficult just two hours before it, or to directly take Mew to their vacation home after the ceremony...

The wedding was supposed to be in a small circle anyway, with just their families and the friendsgroup as guests, because both Mew and Gulf weren't big fans of huge crowds and wanted to keep their moment in private.