♡ 8 ♡

Gulf had send Ohm home to his mate soon after Talay's explanation, even though he had to go to his last resort to make it happen: Threatening Ohm that he wouldn't allow him to come to work for a week. If there was one thing that could even get close to the importance of Fluke to Ohm, then it was his work. He all took it very serious, not like another person, and loved being able to help out in his new family. The oldest had been in a pack before, when he was a child, but his parents left the pack after the Alpha's son got kidnapped as a child... he couldn't really remember that person, since he was only ten back then, but his family didn't feel safe anymore and left them, short after. They lived in the city for a long time, until his parents passed away from a car accident, when he was just 19. Young Ohm, not sure what to do now, decided to live in the woods in a shared territory and well... what happened years later was history.

In any case, the three people left had somehow made it comfortable for themselves in the room: Gulf was half-sitting-half-laying on the bed, wearing his dark blue pyjamas.

He was holding ... the young mans hand still in his, carefully rubbing his thumbs to warm him a little bit. Since the other was unconscious, he could neither feel his emotion nor really feel the mate pull, though... he could feel something that felt... like home. It was like Tharn's scent... but this time as a complete feeling.

Talay was currently taking a nap on a mattress on the ground, covered by a blanket that mild had carried here for him. They had increased the intervals of measuring the young man's temperature to every 25 minutes, giving the doctor enough time to power-nap from time to time.

And Mild? Well... he had made his home on a long armchair, sitting under a blanket and talking a little with Gulf. He could have just slept in his own bed, which was down the corridor, but felt it was better to have an extra pair of eyes if someone fell asleep.

The alarm went off again, Talay rubbing his eyes with a yawn and turning it off before looking at the clock.

"God...it's almost 3am... " he sighed, before checking the numbers on the display and measuring the temperature again.

"What does it say?" Gulf asked, looking up from the small and fragile hand.

"34.8°C..."

"Is that good or bad?" Mild asked again, totally having skipped listening to Talay's explanation earlier, about which was a normal temperature and at which ones there would be what kind of side-effects. That was a stretch too... complicated for Mild.

"Well when we have a temperature below 35°C we speak of a hypothermia... and we are getting close to the line of where he has a somehow normal body temperature. Remember... when we started at like 8pm yesterday night, we were at 30.6°C... "

Gulf slowly nodded, caressing the head of the strange...no...how should he call him? Did he know his name? Would he even wake up?

"So... if we get his body temperature up to normal again... what will happen?" Gulf carefully asked and looked down to Talay.