ten

by the time the girl woke up, they had arrived at their company. apparently, it was way too dangerous to eat out especially with a girl and jian herself was completely aware of the consequences that could arise from it. so they decided to eat at the company. everyone ran to the training rooms because according to them, eating food in the training rooms tasted best. the girl, still half asleep looked around extremely confused as to where she was and what she was doing.

heeseung being the responsible one, guided her to the room. the lights weren't turned on as brightly, but it made a nice atmosphere, almost felt romantic. she seated herself between jay and heeseung, unaware of the disappointed written on the faces of two. though she didn't realise, it did not go unnoticed by niki and sunoo who were already grinning too much.

"leT'S EAT."

they had ordered fried chicken and tteokbokki, obviously a superior combination. they were sharing a bowl of tteokbokki between 2 people and she was sharing with jay. the chicken was in the middle for everyone to just take. feeling insecure, she ate a bit less than she normally did. she had always had this feeling that people would judge her for eating a lot. her normal self would've been just eating as much as she wanted, but she was in between 7 boys. she told herself that no one cared, but she couldn't get rid of the thought. she kept eyeing the food while sucking on her chopsticks, not daring to go for it. everyone was too busy laughing and talking while eating, but jay seemed to have noticed the girl's minimal consumption. he had already filled up his chicken and watched the girl who kept eyeing the chicken in the middle. he swiftly took jian's plate and placed his into her hands. she watched as the boy reached over to take more chicken from the middle. she smiled before happily eating the chicken. jay took a glance at the girl whose eyes were now sparkling. he smiled.

***

everyone was full.

"no dinner for us tonight."

"hyung, i know you're gonna eat ramen later."

"wait, wasn't that our dinner?"

"how is that our dinner?"

"how is that not our dinner?"

jian smiled. she really didn't know these guys well, but she felt almost at home. she had no courage to approach them, but watching them argue and play around was already interesting. then one of the boys sat beside her and held out his phone. she looked at him.

"jungwon?"

"um, i got a new phone so i lost your number."

"oh." she smiled before punching in her number.

"thank you noona."

"noona ?"

"oh sorry. should i call you sunbae?"

"no, no, i don't mind. just no one really calls me noona."

"oh then i can be the first."

she smiled.

"do you have any siblings noona?"

the two fell into a conversation of their own, talking about similar adventures, dreams, absolutely anything, but they were happy. then they were interrupted by sunoo screaming into the mic.

"lee jian. sing us a song please!"

everyone cheered and jian just looked back at jungwon confused. he encouraged her, but then quickly realised how much burden they were putting on her.

he softly said, "you don't have to if you don't want to."

a million thoughts ran through her mind. hesitantly she stood up and took the mic from sunoo's hand. everyone clapped like seals, eyes wide open, waiting for her to sing.

"um, what should i sing?"

"do you know any of our songs?"

"what about into the i-land?"

everyone nodded and sat down ready to listen. to be honest, they all had sort of high expectations. they all went to sit at the front in front of the mirror. front row seats to watch jian sing. she smiled nervously before opening her mouth.

"i got pushed ..."

she had only sung for a second and all the guys fell in love with her voice. her voice was like music, soft, calm yet had the strength in points needing emphasis. in other words, it was beautiful. but it wasn't just her voice they fell for. they took this opportunity to get a better look at her and honestly she was breathtaking. they were unsure as to whether it was the fact that her voice was really nice and it made her look more elegant, but they were peering up at her with admiration and respect.

when she finished the song, she shyly went to take a seat next to jungwon who stared at her intensely. everyone else started jumping and screaming, telling her it was the best cover they had ever heard. they were shook. she shyly laughed at their silliness and turned to jungwon who was still staring at her.

"is something on my face?"

then he coughed and turned away, feeling heat rushing to his cheeks.

"you were really good."

she didn't know why but she blushed at his compliment.

"thank you."

a/n:
- i have an assignment due tmr and i havent started, its like 7pm rn
- i kinda fked my exam but ohwell
- have a nice dayy !