nineteen

jungwon entered the practice room and his members noticed his sudden change in mood. he was more ... dejected than when he left the room.

"hey jungwon, you okay?" jake asked gently.

the younger boy forced a smile and nodded before falling into his own world. don't get him wrong, he loved his sunbae and friend, but to see the girl and him together tugged at his heart a little.

he was very unsure as to way he felt this way. it was a feeling he had never felt before and it did not feel good in any way. it was okay. he told himself he would be okay.

***

he stared at his phone, smiling widely at the girl's response. without even realising, heeseung looked over their leader's shoulder reading the last few messages of their conversation, before screaming, "juNGWON HAS A DATE !"

the boy literally jumped in his seat, before pouncing onto the older boy for reading his messages over his shoulder.

"i'm beING ABUSED HELP !"

the other boys had already run out to jungwon and heeseung at the news of his 'date', but completely ignored the fact that jungwon was literally clinging onto heeseung still.

"when is it?!!?!??"

"we need to get you dressed up."

"eveRYONE ITS AN EMERGENCY !"

"niki ... eveRYONE KNOWS THAT!??!"

the youngest boy laughed hysterically at his hyungs going crazy. to be fair, it was an interesting sight. jungwon slowly let go off heeseung and let the other members scream and be excited while he muttered under his breathe, "it's not even a date."

***

lee jian had been bored. she and taehyun were on 'getting back to what they used to be' terms in terms of extremely close friends, yet there was always that small wave of awkwardness that lingered around them.

she was hungry and bored and the only thing she could think of was to order hotdogs and bingsoo and watch a kdrama. but of course, she had been dumb and ordered too much food and she had originally contemplated on messaging taehyun, but realised that probably wasn't a plausible idea. so instead, she messaged jungwon. mind you, it took her a lot of courage to send that one message.

lee jian

hey jungwon
wyd

although she tossed her phone aside so she didn't stupidly glance at her phone every 5 seconds, her phone vibrated almost immediately. she grabbed her phone straight away and smiled at his response.

yang jungwon

nothing rn
wbu noona

lee jian

nothing
i'm bored

suddenly she stopped. a million thoughts ran through her head. what if he rejects? then i just look like a clingy dumbass. what if he thinks i'm weird?

she snapped out of her thoughts as her phone vibrated once more.

yang jungwon

do u have something to say noona?

she was shocked. this kid literally read my mind wtf. taking a deep breath, she decided to ask him.

lee jian

oh yeah sorryy
i'm actually kinda bored
and i kinda ordered a bit too much food
if u have time
do u want to eat and watch dramas with me?

she mentally slapped herself for sending like a million messages to his singular message, but smiled when she read his almost immediate response.

yang jungwon

i always have time for you noonaa
i'll be over in about ten mins

she stopped herself from squealing and then suddenly whipped out her mirror just to make sure she looked okay and after what felt like ten hours, the doorbell rung. she almost ran to the door and opened it, smiling brightly at the boy who was standing behind it.

"hey noona." he said giving her a soft smile. she moved aside to let him in.

"i have hotdogs and bingsoo. what should we eat first?" she asked, her eyes sparkling the mention of food.

the boy's smile only grew larger at the sight of the older being so excited just to eat. before he could even have time to think about what to eat, she asked him, "is there anything you want to watch?"

"romance." he replied almost immediately. she nodded at his choice, agreeing with the genre.

"what about _______?" and the boy nodded, the girl just admiring how cute he looked in that moment.

she turned on the series and headed towards the food. to her, she was focused so much on the food, she almost forgot the drama was playing. the boy on the other hand, was amused at the girl eating and couldn't help but to stare at her while eating his own food.

she felt the gaze on her as she slowly turned and met his eyes. she took a good look at him before unconsciously blurting out, "you look like a cute kitten."

she immediately covered her mouth, realising what she had just said, while the boy's smile just became bigger. he had liked to think that she found him cute, though there was a part of him that wanted her to see him cool not cute.

trying to forget her embarrassment, she shoved a spoon into jungwon's hand and told him to try the bingsoo. mango bingsoo was her personal favourite, but sadly her favourite shop had no more mangoes, so she had to choose another. it did take a long time for her to choose another flavour because she was not used to choosing a flavour that was not mango, but after a long contemplation, she chose green tea.

he took a spoon of the bingsoo and turned to face the girl who looked at him expectantly.

"how is it?"

he smiled and gave thumbs up. she beamed and started to eat it as well.

"i was so sad. they didn't have any mango bingsoo." she said before shoving a spoon in her mouth.

"do you like mango the most?"

"yeAH. i really like mangoes."

the boy took silent note of her liking towards the fruit.

"wait i just realised. i dressed up as a mango in the chamber 5 choreo video. does that mean you like me too?"

she choked on her bingsoo which caught the boy's attention. he immediately opened a bottle of water for her, concerned.

"i what?" she asked after regaining her composure.

the boy just smiled and replied, "nevermind." mentally surprised and proud of his random comment, while the girl started fanning herself to cool her now redly tinted cheeks. 

a/n:
- hi guys hope you liked this chapter dont ask me what goes through my head to make such randomass chapters cause please i do not know myself
- life update: fking lockdown has been a nuisance and now my trials are cancelled. trials were meant to bring my ranks up but now i can't even do that so now my atar is looking a bit fked
- life update 2: i realised my real problem is idk what i wanna do in the sense that i dont like anything - is it too late to start a sports career? sports is the one thing i can do and i like
- life update 3: jungwon's too precious like he's a wholeass child plus im like 3eps behind on en-o'clock like i was supposed to be studying tho it didnt rlly happen and txt comeback next wk (i actually still have practice exams in replacement of trials next wk so like the comeback comes out in the middle of exam period ????!?!?!?! but who cares)