||Chapter 18||

I wake up and realize today is the day. I have to make sure I look nice. I don't want to look like some beast in front of everyone. Everyone's eyes will be on the squad today.

"Willow!" I panic as I look at my self in the mirror.

She runs in breathing heavily."What is wrong now?"

"I need to look good for the assembly. Can you do my hair?" I point to my messy bed hair knowing Willow knows what to do with it. She gives me a smile and quickly gets started with what she does best.

I love my best friend. She is always there whenever I need her. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Okay, we have to go before we are late." Willow rushes me out the door dragging me into her car. We arrive at school and banners are hung with school spirit. Our school is known for having the best school spirit in town.

"You better go, the devil awaits" Willow jokes about Jackie. "It sucks to be her little demon." I playfully smack her. I am not one of her little pawns. I roll my eyes as I get out of the car heading to the locker room. I am actually excited for this. It's weird. I would have never been caught doing cheerleading but now, I enjoy it. It's thrilling for some reason.

"Get dress girls. We have to go over the routine before the assembly." Megan barks at us.

I pull out my uniform sliding into it. I tighten my high ponytail making sure the bow is right. "Okay, out on the field. Let's go Peyton!" Megan rushes me.

Okay, I can do this. I can do this. I will not fall. They will catch me, I hope...

After almost two hours of going over the routine a hundred times, we get called down to the gym. I'm so anxious. Students start to fill in, and one person catches my eye out of all the others. It's Tanner. He went from football star to a bad boy smoking cigarettes. What is he doing? This is not Tanner. Now he is turning to drugs because that is just great. April is in rehab because of drugs.

"Okay, we have to walk out to get this assembly started." Megan announces.

Jackie eyes me down as she begins to say "And don't mess up, or you will regret it."

"Oh trust me I won't. By the way how's Tanner?"

"We broke up." She rolls her eyes as if it doesn't bother her.

"Aw, that sucks you didn't get anything." I smirk feeling confident.

"Oh he was good. It sucks you didn't get a taste of that." She flips her ponytail in my face.

"I don't wanna catch any aids because we all know you probably spread it to him." I fire back.

"Watch it, freak!" Jackie clutches her fist. I roll my eyes grabbing my Pom-poms heading out to the center. Breathe, Peyton. I find Willow in the stands sitting down. She gives me a thumbs up. Max is sitting beside her and he winks at me like his flirty self. My eyes roll over to Tanner. He has the darkest look on his face and it makes me shiver. I shake it off, reminding myself I need to focus on my team.

"Ready, jaguars!" Megan throws her arms up, counting down from three.

Come on mighty Jaguars,

You know what to do.

You got to rock with the gold

and rooooooll with the blue.

We ( and by we, I mean everyone but me ) screamed and jumped up shaking our pom-poms at the end of the chant. I just shook my pom-poms giving the crowd a smile. I may enjoy the thrill cheerleading gives me but I will not start acting preppy.