||Chapter 22||

"Willow!" I call out to my best friend from the room.

Prom was tonight and I couldn't be more nervous. Imagine my surprise when I was actually asked to prom by Tanner. I couldn't say no to a proposal that cute.

"What? I'm trying to get ready!" She yells from her room which was directly across from mine. I have been staying in the guest room.

"Can you fix my hair?" And just like that she was standing at my doorway.

I couldn't help but gawk at her appearance. She looked stunning. The green gown wrapped around her nicely and flowed from the waist down. The emerald green gown made her hair seem more ginger than normal. She had her hair pinned to the side "You look beautiful as always."

I watch as she clips the final piece of my hair finishing the up-do. "It's weird. It wasn't suppose to be like this."

"What do you mean?" Willow turns my body around so she can readjust my hair.

"I always imagined Paris by my side helping me with everything while my mom would be waiting downstairs ready to blind me with the camera."

Willow places a hand on my shoulder, "You will always have me no matter what happens."

"And for that I am thankful." I pull her into a hug, squeezing her a little more tightly than normal.

Sheryl calls our names from downstairs, "Your lovely dates are here."

Willow smiles at me, "I think we have some hot guys awaiting for the princesses." She grabs my hand with hers and I take a deep breath as I stand above the steps. One step at a time, I walk down the winding stairs. I could feel Willow squeeze my hand and for a moment I imagined that it was Paris. I imagine her draped in a porcelain pink lace dress with her lovely blonde hair falling down at her sides. 

She would dance the night away with Tanner looking up at him as if he was her everything. I would watch from the sidelines smiling at her happiness.

I can picture Paris right now saying something about how her twin is finally a girl now. I wasn't the type to doll up like this. Paris loved dressing up whenever an opportunity presented itself. This is what Paris dreamed off ever since she was eight. She basically had this day planned out just like her wedding.

I make my way down the stairs, meeting eyes with Tanner who stands at the bottom dressed in a dark gray tux. "You look beautiful." He compliments, making me blush and I look down at him sliding the corsage onto my hand.

The blue flower matches my dress and its my favorite color which makes me even happier. He wraps his hand in mine and it's like it was meant for him to hold..

I see Willow already wrapped in Logan's lanky arms. I sneak a wink to Willow and her face gets red. I hope he doesn't break her heart or I will hurt him so bad he will regret it.

"Okay, girls. Let me get a photo of my two beautiful girls." Sheryl says taking out her camera.

I'm pulled into his arms. I couldn't help myself but smile as he squeezes me tightly. "Beautiful girls." Sheryl says as a tear runs down her face.

Willow and I walk up to her and engulf her in a big motherly hug. This is the moment where the camera should be flashing now. Moments like this are the ones that should be savored.

"Thanks, Mom." I say but as soon as it slides out my mouth I feel guilty. It was just an automatic reaction I guess. She's done a lot for me. She's basically my other mom.

"I'm so sorry-" I say but Sheryl interrupts me. "Don't be. Your mother would have wanted me to be there for your worst days, and your good days. I could already see her smiling at you and saying that you grew up so fast." Sheryl says with her hand on my cheeks. I held the tears in so my make up doesn't get ruined. I promise myself I wouldn't cry. I see a Sheryl's eyes fill up with tears and I try even harder not to cry.