after a few seconds, she wandered into the kitchen, observing carl who was rummaging through the cupboards. everyone was hungry, but what she didn't expect him to do was look at dog food.

     the boy rushed past her and into the living room to grab a can opener from his backpack. was he gonna give that to rhaegar or eat it himself?

     rick turned around, also laying his eyes on carl, who seemed to have no intention of giving the food to the dog. he picked the can up before slamming it down in front of rhaegar furiously. the dog started to consume the food happily.

     it seemed that he got more to eat these days than the actual group.

     "psst," t-dog alarmed the group. it was a sign to them that there were walkers. rosaline stopped a groan from emitting her as she grasped her bow, running out the house behind daryl, rhaegar at her heel.

     everyone got the cars, starting to load them up. rhaegar hopped into the boot where the shovels were being placed, knowing there was no time to make himself comfy.

     rosaline got behind daryl on his motorcycle, grasping onto his torso for dear life.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     the group halted in the middle of the road. they needed to stop to check what other locations were possible to run to. it seemed that they were short on answers, in the past few months they'd checked anything that seemed worth looking at.

     "when this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." maggie informed, placing a hand on one part of the map, "we'll never make it south..."

     "what'd you say? that was about 150 head?" daryl queried about the herd.

     glenn joined up with them, "that was last week. could be twice that by now."

     hershel took a look at the paper, "this river could have delayed them." he suggested, "if we move fast we might have a shot to tear right through here."

     "yeah but if this group joins with that one," t-dog said, "they could spell out this way."

     maggie breathed out, "so we're blocked." she concluded.

     "only thing to do is to double back at twenty-seven, and swing toward greenville." rick muttered.

     "we've been there already, rick." rosaline informed him, leaning against the car window.

     "yeah not long ago." t-dog agreed, "it's like we spent the winter going on in circles."

     "we were lucky to even survive the winter." rosaline stated. it was difficult but they had pulled through and they were slowly rounding back into a hot georgia summer again.

     rick nodded, "yeah, i know, i know. at newnan we'll push west. haven't been through there yet." he decided, "we can't keep going house to house."

     "lori is going to be giving birth soon, we need a place to settle." rosaline told them, waving her hand towards her adoptive mother with concern, "no offense but she looks like she's about to pop."