"Ha!" Kidada scoffed. "Try all the time."

The event started thirty minutes later. I did my speech though the intercom since it was too hetic to stand outside. The store's security guards held each side of the door knobs. On signal, they unlocked the doors, letting the people inside. One by one, the crowd quickly spilled in getting louder and louder. I smiled at all of them, waving and greeting some.

Tommy's store manager directed everyone to stand in a line, and each security guard stood in front of the platform our table stood on just to make sure that things didn't get too rowdy.

Angel had came in as soon as this started. She stood beside me, putting the bags full of every piece of clothing from the collection onto the table for each fan to grab after meeting me. I'm glad that there was more than enough now, because who knows how long it'd take to distribute more to every store the minute it sells out next month?

"I'm so happy Tommy chose you to design these clothes, Miss Ana." Connie, one of the fans gushed. "You make me feel confident with these designs, like, it's so amazing! I hope Tommy keeps working with you. You really have a talent."

I smiled genuinely, standing up to give her a sweet hug. That means a lot. "Thank you so much. I appreciate all the love and support from you" we stopped to take a quick picture. Afterwards, we hugged and I passed her the bag with my own signature and little note. "I hope you like the new collection! It was nice meeting you."

She smiled, waving before stepping down from the platform. I went on meeting and greeting the fans, and passing them shopping bags for the next fifty-five minutes until there were no more fans in line. Even then I still had about an hour until I was to leave the rest to the employees. I had to visit two more stores in Los Angeles for the rest of the week, the Tommy and I would plan the summer fashion show. He wants us to do another tour in July to promote the collection. I told him I would think about it, even though I was going to agree anyway.

Aunt Jolene joined the employees on the floor while Kidada, Angel, and I stayed by the table. Angel helped fold some clothes to put on the racks. She looked fine today, but her demeanor was kind of... off.

I glanced at Kidada to see if she was looking as well, but she wasn't. She was talking to one of the security guards.

Angel isn't still doing drugs is she? I hoped not. I prayed that she wasn't.

I wanted to ask her right now but I knew that it wasn't the time. So I just left it alone and repeatedly reminded myself to talk to her about. I didn't want her to harm herself and drugs is never the answer.

I just wanted the best for her. That's all.

———

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- April 7th, 1994
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd.