Chapter 23 - One of our own. [Part 1.]

Only 13 years old, and she's an accomplice to murder. Jessica never thought that at this age, she would've seen 2 dead bodies. The first time caught her by surprise, but the second time, she was awfully numb to it. She watched everyone scatter outside and help pack some things in the car, while Jessica stayed inside. She flipped the man over, and his eyes were open. Then, she put her hand on the palm of his neck.

He had a pulse. Her eyes bulged as she sat down and placed the mans head on her lap. He stared coughing and spatting out blood, while she tried to console him.

"I'm gonna help you, sir." She whispered as she held his head up. "I'm gonna help you."

The man kept on coughing up blood, and the blood spatter was getting all over Jessica's hands. Jessica lifted his head a little, and he stopped. Suddenly, he started shaking uncontrollably while blood spat out of his mouth. He was wiggling and moving back and forth, while Jessica tried to hold him still. The man let out a few final shakes, before stopping. The minute he stiffened up, Jessica knew that he was dead.

"Are you still with me?" She whispered to him. He made no indication or movement. He was gone.

Eric walked inside of the house, and seen Jessica holding the man. He was holding a huge plastic wrap with some duct tape.

"Jess what are you doing?"

"I just choked him!" She lied. "I wanted to make sure that he was dead."

"Good shit. Come on. We're going to bury the body."

Uncle Chulo and Sean wrapped the body inside of his room, put him in the back of the van, then drove far ouit to woods that was really far out. It took them 55 minutes to get there, and the sky was darkening up. These woods were so secluded that you could see no cities or anything in eyesight.

They arrived, and Uncle Chulo decided to do the backbreaking work of digging up a grave. The others had no choice but to sit around and watch. It took him 3 hours to do it, and Rakim, Keith, and Jade had fell asleep. But Jessica was wide awake. She even glanced at Belle, and could see that she was shaking a little. She could tell that Belle and herself were terrified.

Sean and Eric carried the body out of the trunk, and placed it into the deep grave. It was wrapped in layers of plastic, and it was tightly wrapped and tied. Uncle Chulo spent a while placing all of the dirt onto the body, then took a deep breath.

"They'll never find him." Uncle Chulo said. "I'll drop you back off at home, Jessica."

They took the hour long drive back. Surprisingly, they'd made it back before 8:00. It took them another hour when they pulled in front of the Simmons home. Jessica got out without saying goodbye to anyone. Not even Belle. All that mattered to her, is that she was out of that car.

Jessica zipped up the stairs and ran into her room. She sat up against the wall, and took a few breathers. She wasn't crying though, and perhaps its because she'd seen a dead body before. The only thing she was worried about was getting caught. Her eyes bulged open when she realized that she had the mans blood splatters all over her pants and her shirt. She rushed up and prepared to change her clothes before anyone could see it.

But it was too late. Daniel had walked into her room like he always did when she first came in.

"Hey Jessica guess what-"

"Shut the door, Daniel!" Jessica shouted as she put her hand out.

"What?"

"Oh my god!" She said loudly as she rushed to her door, shut it, and locked it. She stepped away from the door, and began pacing back and forth in her room. It felt like at any minute, she was going to get caught for the murder.