Chapter 15 - Halloween!

Daniel rushed up to Jessica's room, and crept open her door. He opened it all the way and seen her reading a book. She looked up at him, and he was holding a guitar in his hand. She however, was not in a giggly mood at all. He bounced around and things trying to make her laugh, but nothing was working. Jessica was really upset. He stopped, then looked at her.

"Guess what I just found out?" He smiled.

"What?"

"I found out about their lie. They told me that they set you up."

Jessica didn't look up. She kept her book in her hand, and turned the page to continued to read. Daniel was thrown off when she didn't jump up, and start to celebrate like he thought that she would.

"Well?"

"That's great, Daniel." Jessica responded in a bland voice.

"Come on Jess." He said, sitting next to her.

"No don't 'come on Jess' me, Daniel." She snapped as she sat up. "You had the nerve to tell me that you think that i'd steal from you because i'm dirt poor. Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Jessica-"

"And not only that, but then you didn't give me an apology!" Jessica continued. "You didn't even believe me when I was sitting there in your face telling you that this wasn't true. You dogged me in front of your family and you didn't even trust me. I told you from day 1 that you would always be able to trust me. Did I not?"

"I'm sorry, Jessica." Daniel said in a concerned tone. "I really am."

"I'm not buying that bullshit because it took that whole lecture for me to convince you." Jessica snarled. "Get out of my room, Daniel. And no I don't want to play Guitar Hero. Just get out. You're making me sick just by looking at you."

Daniel was saddened by her last comment, but understood where she was coming from. He slowly lifted up, slumped out of her room, and shut the door slowly.

But Jessica wasn't sick of looking at him. She was sick of not being around him. What she really wanted to do was to open the door and dragg him back into her room, but she was too upset by the being poor comment. She was absolutely sickened by it. Daniel had went into his room, sat the guitar down, and slumped into his bed. Minutes later, Joseph crept inside.

"Daniel-"

"Did you tell mom what you did?" He quickly asked.

"No, but-"

"Then get the fuck out of my room." Daniel growled. "I don't want to talk to you, Angela, or Vanessa until one of you three have enough balls to tell her."

Jessica didn't talk to Daniel for 2 weeks straight and both of them couldn't believe it. She was really upset, and she was noticing how lonely he was getting. He invited Justin, Malik, and Lewis over on occassions, but he needed someone to hang out with when they had to go home. He'd walk past Jessica's room over and over to see if she would get up and say something to him, and she didn't. The ironic part is, thats what she wanted to do.

Jessica seen Jade passing around flyers for the Holloween party that Eric was having. She wasn't expecting to get an invitation, but she didn't care. She hadn't hung out with him, Eric, and Sean in so long that it no longer bothered her that she didn't.

Then, Jade walked up to her with an invitation, and held it close to her. Jessica looked down at the paper, then glanced up at her.

"Look Jess I know that we aren't on good terms right now, but me and Eric wanted you to come to the Holloween party that he's having." She moped. "Bring a costume."