Chapter 45 - Things for Granted.

Jessica threw on her mask before she left the home so that if there were any witnesses, they couldn't ID her. She sped away from the block, and drove after Sean. Both of them flew past multiple red lights as they entered the freeway. They flew past cars that were honking at them, and raced highly over the speed limit.

Then Jessica looked in her rear mirror. It was the police. Driving right behind her.

Jessica was highly frustrated because she couldn't keep going. If she continued to chase after Sean, the police would arrest her for leading on a high speed chase. Jessica took a deep sigh, slowed down, and watched Sean's car drive out of her eyesight. She pulled over and stopped to take a glance at the car who was behind her. 2 minutes later, she seen an officer walking up to her car with a small booklet.

"Heh heh. Is there anything that I can do for you officers?" Jessica smiled.

"You can start by paying this ticket." The officer said as he ripped a sheet off, and handed her one. "Do you know how high you were off of the speed limit? You were 45 miles above it!"

"How about I give you 2 free tickets to the upcoming Steelers game in return for that ticket, sir?" Jessica smiled. The officer took a glance at Jessica, then smiled. He recognized her immediately.

"I-I know who you are!" The officer smiled. "You're the mother of DJ. Danny from the Steelers!"

"Yes sir!" Jessica smiled as she looked at him.

"Man oh man. Your son is a really good football player!" The officer said as she spazzed. "You have to get me an autograph!"

"I will get you an autograph first thing. However, you have to let me pass on that ticket." She winked. The officer looked at his car, then leaned inside of the window.

"Don't tell anyone about this, okay?" He whispered.

"My lips are sealed."

"Fuck!" Jessica thought in her head as she made her way home. This was the 3rd time she'd let someone slip up on her hands, and the fact that Sean was THAT close to killing him, boggled her mind. She arrived at her home approximately 33 minutes later, and took a step inside.

She seen Cody. Sitting inside of the living room with his arms folded as he watched tv. The look on his face definitely told her that he was angry. Jessica realized why he was, because this was the 3rd dinner that she stood up for the two to go out and kill.

"Babe, i'm sorry. I promise I won't bail out on the next-"

"How many times are you gonna continue to say that shit, Jessica?!" Cody shouted as he looked at her. "I'm not gonna stand you up this, i'm not gonna stand you up that. Well then why do you continue to do it?"

"I'm....i've just been busy...." Jessica mumbled as she look down.

"Busy with what, Jessica? You don't even work!"

Jessica couldn't answer him. "I'm a killer!" She shouted in her head. But this statement would lead to so many questions and so much contreversy. Another thing is that Jessica couldn't come up with a reason or lie. She sat there and looked down at the ground, while Cody waited for an answer.

"I can't tell you.." She mumbled.

"Are you cheating on me?" Cody asked.

"What?" Jessica said as she jumped up. "No! Why would I cheat on you, Cody?"

"Then what are you going out so late every night for?" He asked. "You've been forgetting about Cheyenne's college funds and you've been bailing out on DJ's games!"