Chapter 39 - Monet.

“In other news, we’re here to celebrate 25th anniversary of one of the most all time best high school athletes, Daniel Simmons.” Charles Barkley said on a sports channel. “He disappeared while preparing to grocery shop for his mother. Him, his girlfriend, and his child also disappeared at the time too. His family continue to search for him until this day.”

“That’s sad. People still wonder where the wearabouts of those three are today.” Another commentator said.

“Damn. Aye y’all ever wonder where he at?”

“Shut your ass up, Danny.” His friend laughed. “You only wonder where that nigga at because you and him got the same name.”

“Right!” His other friend said. “And that nigga was 18 when he disappeared. He probably like 40 something.”

“Whatever, man.” Danny laughed.

Danny had alot of qualities that made his friends joke around and call him the ‘child’ of the missing Daniel Simmons. He was 25 like him, which made them joke around. However, his name was Danny Johnson. And his mothers name was Monet Johnson. She resembled nothing like the missing Jessica Jarrell, either. Still, his friends seemed to make jokes about it anyway. His grandfather was white, and her grandmother was black. His mother was a little under lightskinned, and her hair was curly and short.

Danny Johnson was a superstar on the Steelers Football Team, along with his two teamates Reggie and Tito. Daniel was a running back, Tito was a linebacker, and Reggie was a quarterback. Together, they were the 2nd best team in the league to the Bears. Their big game was on Sunday, and they were going against them in the finals.

This game, would determine who was the best of the best.

“Y’all nigs better be ready for this game on Sunday.” Danny nodded.

“Born ready.”

Finally, it hit Sunday night. It was the superbowl and they had to bring their A - game, or else they would lose. Danny looked up into the crowd, and seen his mother cheering him on along with his cousins, grandfather, and grandmother. He smiled at them, then got back focused onto his game.

3 hours later, their team won 50 - 45. It was a close game, but the Steelers came out on top. Danny led everyone to the victory with the last touchdown of the night. The minute that happened, everyone on their team crowded around each other and went ballistic. Buckets of gatorade was being flared around, and there was nothing but screaming and yelling in victory. Finally after everyone came close to settling down, the interviewer on the field finally got the chance to talk to the teams 2 time all star and superstar.

“How do you feel about this sweet victory over your rival team?” The woman smiled as she handed him the mic.

“First off I want to thank my mom who’s crying in the crowd over there! I love you so much!” Danny said loudly as the camera view went over to her and his family. “I also wanted to say that I love you grandma, grandpa, my stepfather, and my younger sister Cheyanne. I love you guys so much!”

After the superbowl, he drove over to his mothers home to celebrate. All of his family members were already there waiting for him, and they had threw a tremendous party for his win. Danny had bought his mother a mansion the minute he signed a contract with his teammates because she deserved it. She helped raise him all by herself along with his stepfather. And since his stepfather had done more than his real father, he bought him a nice large home also.

When the night ended and everyone left, Danny decided to spend some alone time with his mother at her home. While she was downstairs, he decided to slip her a surprise. He purchased a $500,000 necklace for her, so he was going to slip it inside of her closet.