Chapter 47 - Mother's Word.

Jessica didn't listen. She kneeled down next to her dying son as he laid unconscious on the floor and placed her left hand on his neck. He still had a pulse. Angered, she lunged up at Eric with her pistol as he quickly grabbed her wrist, spun her around, placed his arm around her neck, and put his gun to her head.

"Look at what you did!" Eric shouted as he kept his arm around her neck, and pointed his gun at DJ.

"Don't kill him please!" Jessica weeped. "He's my only son. My only son with Daniel. Please!"

Jessica continued to cry and squirm around in his chokehold as he inched closer to her ear. DJ was bleeding out on the floor while Jessica had no choice but to watch him.

"I want you to do something for me." Eric said lowly in her ear.

"I will do anything you ask if you let me help my son!" Jessica yelled.

"I want you to call the police, Jessica."

"W-what?" Jessica said as Eric slowly let her go.

"No more anger, rage, or killing, Jessica." Eric said as he watched her kneel down next to her son. "Call the police. Cant you see that your decisions only hurt the people you love?"

Jessica nodded her head as tears fell down her eyes once again. She then looked at DJ, and held him close to her.

"Call the police and tell them everything that happened." Eric sighed as he put his gun down, and put his hands up. "I won't leave, I won't shoot anybody, I won't do anything. Just call the police and have them arrest me."

"Why?" Jessica whined as she pulled out her phone.

"Because i'm ready for all of this to end." Eric said in a montone voice. "It's time for me to face jail time."

Jessica called the police without hesitation. She was really calling for help for her son, but also for the police to come get Eric. They arrived 3 minutes later and arrested Eric on the spot. Jessica watched the ambulance come by 2 seconds later to come and pick DJ up and rush him to the hospital.

Jessica informed the police that she didn't want to go to the police station yet because she wanted to stay at the hospital with her son. She sat in the waiting room for an hour and 15 minutes before a doctor came out and informed her on her son's condition.

DJ was alive and well. "My oh my. My son's a soldier." Jessica thought in her head as a doctor escorted her to his room. She walked inside of the room and seen DJ laying on the bed with two big white patches on his side. He slowly turned his head from watching TV, onto his mother who had walked into the room. He put his tv on mute, then watched Jessica sit onto the stool next to him.

"DJ, I promise the minute you get out of here, i'm gonna kill-"

"No more, ma." DJ said in a weak and raspy tone. He was still weak from his gunshot wounds.

"What?" Jessica said as she froze.

"Dad's gone." He continued as he shook his head. "And no matter who you kill, or how you kill them, he's never coming back. I understand your anger mother I do, but you have to stop digging the hole that you're already in. The more you do, the deeper your problems will get, and the more you'll be hurtin' at the end of the day. You understand?"

"Yes.." Jessica nodded as she looked down. "I'm sorry for getting you into this mess."

"He's already turned into the police." DJ nodded. "Allow him to confess and if he doesn't, you tell the police everything. Do it for me, ma. Do it for your son."