14 - Temperament (TW)

...

"There's no personal charm as great as the charm of a cheerful temperament"

...

They could see his hand turning white as he grips onto the handle. It didn't take so long until he stumbles down, almost hitting his head on the floor if it is not for Taehyung's fast reflex.

It's true that Taehyung hates him but upon seeing what happened, upon being in that situation he didn't even think as his body moves on its own, letting go Yoongi's hand, and rush forward to embrace the eldest in his arm.

"He is burning" Taehyung says while looking at the eldest in his arm, his one hand on the eldest's forehead.

Looking carefully at the face, he could see that Jin is sweating but at the same time he is shivering.

Hoseok is battling with himself. Honestly it is his first time in four years seeing Jin apart from at the hospital around a month ago while Yoongi was having his surgery.

He didn't expect to meet him in this situation, in that condition to be exact.

"Get him into the car now"

Truthfully speaking, neither any of them expected Hoseok to say those words especially just awhile ago he was so furious, he was so sure that he didn't even want to meet Jin.

After all, whatever circumstances it is, Jin is still a brother to him, a dear brother to all of them.

Without wasting time, Taehyung quickly gains his position and carry the eldest in his arms securely while rushing to where they parked the car.

Hoseok never drives that fast in his entire life. He didn't care if he got tickets. He needs to get Jin to the hospital as fast as he can.

At first he thought Jin was having a fever, just a high fever but the moment he heard the painful wheezing sound from the back seats, he knows that it was not just a simple fever.

Taehyung who is sitting at the back seat with Jin in his embrace is getting restless each second. The painful wheezes only makes him becoming more worried than he already is. Trying his best to warm up the eldest by covering him with the extra sweater in the car, he prays that everything would be alright.

Yoongi who is sitting besides Hoseok is looking back and forth from the road to the members at the back seats. Specifically at Jin.

Right when Hoseok pulls the hand brake, they are all out from the car rushing to the emergency care unit. The doctor and nurses in charge quickly take the sick man in, separating him from the other three.

They waited for the whole hour before finally they got the news. It was 3 in the morning when the doctor finally came to them to give the news.

"Thankfully you brought him here at the right time. Apparently he was having trouble to breath because of pneumonia. His fever is also quiet high"

"He will need to stay here for awhile as we need to monitor his heart rate, temperature and breathing. His oxygen level in his bloodstream drops below the average so we give him the oxygen therapy through the mask"

"Other than that, we will keep the update to you after monitoring his condition. He should still be unconscious for now but he is in good hands. You may visit him"

The doctor bows to them in which they return the bow.

...

The damage have been done. Years of being mentally tortured did him that. He think he is useless, he thinks no one wants to listen to him.