Looking away from his hyung Jungkook gripped the edges of the bed, knuckles turning white. He wracked his brain. Delved into the deepest corners that held the darkest secrets yet there was nothing there. No memories of tires screeching, of broken glass, of ambulances, of bent metal, and injured hyungs. There was nothing, and that just didn't sit right with him.

"You almost died Jungkook-ah, so they put you into an induced coma, that's why you can't remember anything."

Jungkook shook his head, tears falling from his nose and onto his sweatpants. "But I should remember something...at least...anything."

Taehyung placed his hand gently on Jungkook's back only for the younger to flinch at the touch, as if he had just been hit.

"Jungkook please calm down, the doctor said it's good you don't remember and normal so it's nothing to worry about," Taehyung reassured while glancing at the door, silently praying that one of the members would come in and help him.

"No—" Jungkook inhaled a shaky breath, choking on wet sobs and coughs—"I don't...don't believe you...why...why are you lying to me?"

Before Taehyung had a chance to call for help, Seokjin was barging through the door, his eyes wide with worry.

"What happened?" He dropped to his knees before Jungkook, massaging the boy's thighs. "Jungkook tell hyung what's wrong."

"He's upset about the car crash hyung," Taehyung whispered.

Seokjin cooed and stood, slotting himself between the maknae's thighs to pull him into a hug. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Seokjin's waist, hiding his tear and snot stained face against his hyung's body.

"Shhh, breathe bun, why are you crying?" Seokjin asked softly.

Jungkook's breath hitched and he shook his head. It all felt wrong. Seokjin's arms around him, Taehyung's pity filled gaze, the new reality that he had been in a car crash. Wrong. It was wrong. All wrong.

"Is he okay?"

"No he's having a panic attack."

"We checked him out of the hospital already hyung."

"Maybe we should just carry him to the car?"

"Okay, let's get him out of here."

Seokjin's arms loosened and suddenly it was like Jungkook was falling. He grabbed fistfuls of Seokjin's shirt and pulled him closer, hands shaking with how tightly he gripped the material. There was something waiting for him if he fell, something or someone, a dark entity with hands cold as ice yet rough as stone.

"Baby we need to leave, don't you want to leave?" Seokjin whispered but his words were muffled, as if cotton was stuffed in Jungkook's ears.

Jungkook wanted to agree, if only he could remember where he was.

"Jungkookie."

The voice was stern yet soft and when Jungkook lifted his face from Seokjin's shirt he was surprised to see Yoongi staring back at him.

"What's your name?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook blinked and tears fell from his lashes. "W-what?"

Yoongi stepped closer, bending down slightly to Jungkook's level. "I asked you what's your name bun."

"It's Jungkook...Jeon Jungkook," he whimpered.

Yoongi nodded but his gaze was still hard, scrutinizing. "And where are you Jungkook?"

Slowly Jungkook took in his surroundings. It was a hospital room. The same one he had woken up in weeks ago, the same one he had been in all this time, the same one he was supposed to leave behind today.