,29

Yoongi pov

We all stopped when we reached Jungkook's door, where Sejin was waiting for us. He smiled at us but he looked nervous, as if he didn't trust us around Jungkook anymore. I wouldn't trust us with him either.

"Before you guys go in there the doctors told me to inform you that Jungkook had a minor stroke and he seems to have suffered some memory lose. Obviously he remembers you guys since he's asking to see you all but he doesn't remember the suicide attempt. We don't know what else he's forgotten so watch what you guys say when you're around him." Once Sejin was done explaining it only made my anxiety worse. What if we say something that triggers him and he has a panic attack, or he ends up forgetting one of us? I don't think we'd survive if he forgot one of us. I don't think I'd survive if he forgot me.

"We'll speak with caution, can we see him now?" Namjoon asked. Sejin nodded then stepped to the side, revealing the door that was waiting to be opened. There was no window in this door so the contents behind it were a mystery, what if I don't recognize him? What if he has such bad bruises on his neck that I can't stop looking at them? And then he notices my stare and demands to see his neck, and when he sees it he freaks out and starts crying and-

"Yoongi are you okay?"

I looked up into Jin's soft brown eyes and nodded. I didn't even realize that I had started to faint and was using him to support my entire body. With a lot of willpower, and some help from Jin, I lifted myself back up. He smiled at me and rested his hand on the small of my back, a spot where I've always be sensitive to touch. Unconsciously I found myself gripping Jin's shirt as Namjoon opened the door. I can do this. But what if I was the reason Jungkook tried to kill himself? No, I can do this, he doesn't even remember the attempt, so it doesn't matter anymore. I wish I could forgot it too.

Slowly we all filed into the room and once we were all in Hoseok shut the door to give us some privacy. I expected to see at least a nurse or a doctor supervising Jungkook. But instead when I looked up I saw a confused boy, with white bandages wrapped around his neck and wires attached to his body.

"Hi kookie, how are you feeling?" Namjoon asked in his raspy voice that always seemed to calm everyone down. Jungkook's eyes flickered up to him but he didn't respond, he looked so confused and I could tell it was pulling at everyone's heartstrings. Maybe he actually forgot about us, maybe he forgot everything. Would his schizophrenia go away if he forgot about everything? Or will it be with him forever?

"Jungkook are you okay?" Taehyung asked, immediately catching his attention. Jungkook tilted his head to the side as his eyes examined Taehyung up and down, as if he was trying to scan him back into his memory.

"Hyung...why do you have a cast on your arm?" Jungkook asked and I felt myself stumble backwards into Jin's arms after hearing his words. There was no stutter, no pause, no hesitation or fear, it was a beautiful and fluid sentence. He sounded like the old Jungkook, beautiful and fluid.

I saw Taehyung open his mouth to speak but only to close it seconds after. Even he was stunned from the question, I think everyone was stunned.

"He fell off the stage during rehearsal." Namjoon suddenly spoke up and everyone turned to him. "Do you not remember that kookie?"

Jungkook's gaze dropped to his lap and his eyebrows furrowed together in thought. It was a cute and innocent action, something that I haven't seen from him in a long time. "No, I don't remember, are you okay?" Jungkook asked Taehyung. He nodded and I noticed the faintest blush spread over his cheeks. Jungkook accepted the answer but his eyebrows were still furrowed and he kept gazing around the hospital room as if he's never seen one in his entire life. I wanted to ask him so many questions but I could feel a migraine starting to crawl it's way into my skull and the last thing I wanted to do was worsen it with talking.

"What's the last thing you remember Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, which I'm pretty sure was the question that was on all of our minds. Did he forget about Lee? Did he forget about all the torture and pain he's been through? Or are the memories just foggy and one day they'll attack him when he least expects it?

Jungkook sighed and bowed his head again, his brows still furrowed in thought, "the last thing I remember is leaving to go to the dance studio. Everything after that is a blur."

(maybe one or two more chapters until the epilogue 😭thank you to everyone that gave this book and the entire series so much love! I love you guys!)