𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛: 𝐼'𝑚 𝐺𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑆𝑖𝑡 𝑅𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐷𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝑟𝑦 (𝑂𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑌𝑜𝑢)

❝ 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑦
𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑦
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒
𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑦
𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑠𝑖𝑡 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢...❞

***

By the time George and Elouise made it back to London that night, it was, of course, beginning to get late, so when she made it back to the house, most of Elouise's family was already in bed for the night.

Everyone, except for her mother.

Elouise smiled when she saw her mother sitting on the couch. She went to sit down next to her.

"What are you doing up?" her mother asked snappily, catching Elouise off guard.

She stopped where she was, mere feet away from the couch, and her mouth fell open. "I just got back. From going out with George, don't you remember?" she asked carefully, not allowing herself to jump to conclusions.

"George? No, I don't remember."

Elouise noticed the slur in her mother's voice and tears sprung into her eyes. Gloria got up off the couch and got up in her face. "Maybe you should go to bed," she said, keeping intense eye contact with Elouise.

"Mom, are you drunk?" Elouise asked, her voice coming out pitifully distraught. She trusted her mother! She trusted her when she said she was getting better. How was she supposed to know that she hadn't been doing this every single night after she and her sisters went to bed? "I trusted you," she said, her worlds dripping in pain. "And you lied."

For a moment, it seemed like Gloria went stone-cold sober--like she could see the effect she was having on her daughter and wanted to fix it, to erase the pain in her eyes. She only wanted to see her daughter happy, but the booze got the best of her. "I said go upstairs," she sneered.

Elouise turned around, tears falling down her cheeks. She had been ready to tell her mother all about her day, but this had just spoiled it all.

She made it up to her room and kicked her shoes off, kicking the door closed and collapsing on the plush bed in a fit of despair. She cried, and cried, and cried till there was anything left for her to cry.

She thought about George. She just wanted to be in his arms right now. She didn't want to be here, she didn't want to go home. Somehow, she felt like this was now her home. She felt like she was just meant to be here, in London. Not in Idaho. Not away from George.

She was in love, and for the first time, it was hurting her.

***

When she woke up the next morning, Elouise was still in the clothes she had been wearing the day before. The previous night still slightly blurry, she sat up and looked around. When she remembered what had happened when she'd gotten back home, she felt hot tears pool up in her eyes all over again. Then, she remembered that she was leaving today, and they began to spill onto her cheeks.

Before she had time to react, she was crying quietly to herself. She had known leaving was going to be difficult, but it was hitting her particularly hard. That, partnered with the fact that she felt betrayed--once again--by her own mother, she certainly wasn't in the brighter of moods.