𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒: 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑟

❝ 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑟, 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑔
𝐿𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑑𝑦
𝐺𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒'𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔
𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒...❞

***

The room around Elouise was cold. Her eyes fluttered open and she immediately realized that she wasn't in her room. The room she found herself in was alarmingly white and nice-looking. She noticed that the bed she was in was ginormous. She only took up probably a twelfth of it on her own.

She felt someone's arms around her, and she quickly realized that it was George. She carefully moved her head around to examine her surroundings. Her mind immediately assumed that she and George had...well, y'know, which alone made her feel a heavy sense of terror, but then she realized that there were people in the room all around them and knew that that wasn't the case.

The twins were curled up under the covers next to her and she vaguely saw Paul on the floor with Jane. She had a slight aching in her head that she tried to ignore, but it was irritating the hell out of her. She hadn't even drunk that much!

She brought her hands up to her face and whimpered, causing George to stir behind her.

"Holy shit," she heard him whisper and it appeared to her that he had the same thought that she had had moments ago, then she heard a sigh of relief and she carefully flipped herself over.

"Shhh," she told him. He lifted his head and looked around. Behind him was Lizzy.

He nuzzled himself into the covers on the bed and smiled sleepily. "These are warm. Maybe I'll invest in some of them," he joked.

"They are pretty nice, aren't they?" Elouise giggled quietly.

George smiled and studied her features. Her hair was slightly askew, but it didn't matter. She still looked beautiful. From behind her, Elouise felt one of the twins stirring awake. "Maybe we should get up," she whispered to George, who nodded in response.

"Good morning, Ellie," Ava murmured tiredly. "What time is it?"

"Uh—." It was George who got a look at the clock faster. "It's six," he told the little girl.

"We should get going soon," Elouise said.

Suddenly, Anna perked up. "Can we get breakfast?" she asked.

George laughed. "I'll take you home and get you breakfast."

"Really?" asked Ava. "Thanks, George."

George nodded, but as Elouise went to tend to her sisters, his mind was elsewhere. He wished he could wake up next to Elouise every day.

***

Gloria was waiting on the porch when George finally pulled back into the Harts' driveway.

Ava, Anna, and Lizzy were still exhausted, so they bid George goodbye and climbed out of the car. As Elouise was unbuckling her seatbelt, George spoke up.

"You still wanna go with me today?" he asked.

Elouise smiled. "Of course I do. I just need an hour or two to freshen up...and get rid of this silly headache."

George nodded with a laugh, his heart swelling in joy. "I guess I could do the same," he responded. "If we took a train at ten, we could be there by noon, so—." He looked at his watch. "Maybe I can pick you up at 9:30?"