𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝐺𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝐻𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝐴𝑤𝑎𝑦

𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑😭 𝐸𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦, 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒.😌

***

❝ 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑒
𝐸𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑦
𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑠𝑎𝑦
𝐻𝑒𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦...❞

As soon as George stepped into the dressing room, all three of the other Beatles were all over him in anticipation.

"Let me fucking breathe," he scolded them when he tried, in vain, to sit down his guitar case.

"Sorry, we just want to know what happened with Elouise!" Ringo blurted.

"I don't know what you're hoping for, but we—."

Paul gasped sarcastically before George could finish. "Did you do the dirty?" Paul asked in an appalled whisper.

"Fuck off," George said as he opened his guitar case and pulled the guitar out. Everyone else was already ready to go onstage and George had been the last to arrive, so he certainly was behind them. "Of course we didn't."

"Well, that's boring. What else was there for you to do?" Paul groaned.

"Have you ever been in the same room as a girl you've not slept with?" asked Ringo, genuinely curious.

Paul frowned. "Of course I have been. Elouise!" He cracked a sly grin.

"Right," John said with a doubtful look at his best friend. He loved Paul, but he had to admit that he had a tendency to flatter himself where it simply wasn't needed. "So, what did you do?" he asked George.

George plucked each of his guitar strings individually as his bandmates waited in anticipation for his answer. He took his precious time in tuning his dark red Gretsch today, just to make them mad.

"George, tune the damn thing later. We haven't got all day."

As soon as George got the high E string in tune, the door opened and he smirked triumphantly at his now-annoyed bandmates.

"I'm just dropping in to make sure George showed up," came the voice of their manager.

"Ah, yes, Eppy, he's here," John said with a tight smile, very clearly trying to get Brian to close the door again.

Unfortunately for Ringo, Paul, and John, Brian continued to talk.

When Brian had intricately outlined the night's events, he finally closed the door again.

"You better answer us right now, Harrison," John threatened. "You've got ten minutes. That should be plenty of time, but time is certainly ticking."

George rolled his eyes. "She caught your stunt, John," he began with and John broke into a mischievous smile.

"She did? Did I help any?"

"I wouldn't flatter yourself too much," George murmured. "I'm sure we could have easily gotten to that point without the help of your stupid mistletoe."

"Oh, yeah sure. George, you chicken out every time a girl tries to talk to you."

George blushed. "So? Everything about her is just so...different." There was apparent frustration in his voice. "I don't know what it is about her, but she drives me completely insane. It's stupid because I've only known her for a week and...after New Year's I won't even see her again." George's lips curled downward and he plopped down in a chair that was behind him.