𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒: 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦, 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑌𝑜𝑢

❝ 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡
𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡...❞

***

On the morning of December 28th, George and Elouise spent the morning across town but doing the same thing: preparing for their date.

Elouise allowed her sisters to help pick out her outfit...just so they would stop bugging her about it. When Elouise had vetoed three of their suggestions, they were irritated and Elouise had happily settled for a white sweater and some leggings.

"You should've gone with the dress," said Anna sadly.

"Oh, come off it, she looks good!" Lizzy said with a wide smile. "George is going to love it!"

Elouise laughed. "You think he will? It looks like everything else I wear. Is it too boring?"

"It's definitely too boring," said Ava with a frown.

"Ava!" snapped Lizzy. "It's not too boring. Don't listen to her," she told Elouise. "Can I do your hair?" she then asked, looking excited.

Elouise rolled her eyes but kept a smile on her face. "Alright, but we haven't got much time."

"Right, sit down." She moved from the bed onto the floor and Elouise sat herself down in front of her. "Besides, Anna," she said when she started running a brush through her sister's hair. "Why should it matter what she wears? George should like her for who she is and not the clothes she wears."

"Yeah, don't your Beatles teach you that?" Elouise asked teasingly.

"Yeah, you know that song, ''cause, baby, it's you,'" Lizzy added.

"Oh, alright," said Ava, getting up off the bed and moving so that she was sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of Elouise. "It's just more fun to dress up all fun. After all, it certainly isn't every day that Elouise scores a date with George Harrison."

"It seems like it's becoming more normal with each passing day." Elouise and Lizzy both turned their heads to see their mother standing in the doorway.

"It won't be normal when we go home," Elouise said, turning back towards the wall she was previously staring at.

"Well, that doesn't mean it can't be special now," said her mother encouragingly, coming to examine what Lizzy was doing with Elouise's hair.

"I know that," Elouise replied.

"Oh!" burst Anna. "Maybe when we go home you guys can exchange letters!"

Elouise laughed. "Yeah, maybe."

"Oh, well, I think it's cute!" added Lizzy, securing the first French braid she'd arranged in Elouise's hair with a hair tie. Then, she started to work on the second one.

Elouise looked down at the watch strapped to her wrist. "Five more minutes," she told Lizzy.

"He's picking you up, isn't he?" asked Gloria.

Elouise nodded, her face turning red. "Yeah, he is."

~~~

George pulled onto Elouise's street, nerves bubbling up inside of him. His hands were clutching his steering wheel with such ferocity that his knuckles were turning white.

When he finally pulled up outside of Elouise's house, he took a quick look in his mirror to make sure he still looked decent. Then, he took the liberty of getting out of the car and going up to the front door to knock.