𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒: 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑌𝑜𝑢 (𝑌𝑒𝑎ℎ, 𝑌𝑒𝑎ℎ, 𝑌𝑒𝑎ℎ!)

❝ 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑑
𝑌𝑒𝑠, 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑑, 𝑜𝑜ℎ...❞

***

"Paul, what if she just doesn't show up?" George was pacing around nervously while Paul leaned against the side of the hotel, smoking a cigarette. George kept looking over his shoulder as if he were searching for something, Elouise perhaps.

"Oh, believe me, George. She will show up."

George crosses his arms. "And how the hell do you know that?"

Paul shrugged. "I've got a hunch."

As if on cue, Elouise came around the corner, fidgeting around with something in her purse. George didn't see her at first because he was too busy glaring at Paul in anger, but when Paul nodded towards the front of the alleyway, George turned, and his expression immediately changed when he saw her.

"Ellie!" he said.

She looked up and smiled at the two boys. "You look surprised," she noted. "I always keep my promises."

***

Paul and George managed to sneak Elouise up to the hotel room. Upon entering the door, she was met with two more curious faces. The were sitting on the floor with a tray of various foods.

"Can I help you?" she remarked.

"You must be Elouise," said the one that she recognized from last night as Ringo.

"Ding, ding, ding, you win," sang Elouise teasingly.

The other one, John, grinned. "So, Elouise, can we call you anything else? Or is it only Elouise? I'd quite like to call you Cinderella since you always confront our Georgie at midnight."

"Yeah?" responded Elouise. "You do you."

"Alright, Cinderella." He popped a French fry into his mouth. "I've got a question about you Idahoans."

"Yeah? Go for it."

"Do tell me what this sauce is." He pointed to a sauce that he was dipping his fries in.

"The fry sauce?" Elouise asked curiously. "You've never had it?"

He shook his head abruptly.

Elouise shrugged. "It's nothing special. Just mayonnaise and ketchup."

"Really?" he asked, studying the sauce curiously.

"Yeah. It's great, isn't it?"

"Yer accent's funny," commented Ringo and he was met with a scowl from George.

"And yours isn't?" Elouise responded.

Ringo thought a moment. "Maybe it is to you, but not to me."

"Likewise." Ringo seemed satisfied with the answer.

"So, Elouise?" Paul sat down in front of one of the beds and took some of the food for himself, leaving only George and Elouise standing side-by-side until George took her wrist gently and pulled her to the ground.