𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛: 𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑀𝑦 𝐸𝑦𝑒𝑠

❝ 𝑂ℎ 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦
𝐵𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤
𝐼𝑡'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒...❞

***

When Elouise finally got off of work that evening, her mind was still unraveling from the encounter with the Beatles earlier that evening.

As she was making her way out to the car, Daisy caught her.

"Elle!" she said, breathless as if she'd just run a mile.

"What is it?" asked Elouise curiously.

She held up a newspaper that had the Beatles on the front cover. "Your article!" she said ecstatically. "It's in here. Don't you wanna see?"

"I didn't know it was already out," she said, slightly taken aback.

"Well, it is, and it's fantastic!"

"You think?"

"I know!"

"Okay, well, thanks, Daisy. I've really gotta go, though. The girls'll be waiting."

"Right, right, off you go!" She hustled Elouise into her car and waved at her enthusiastically before going off towards her own car.

Elouise sat and looked at the newspaper in her hand for a while, scanning the picture of the boys that was plastered on the front cover. After a moment, she set it aside and began to pull away.

***

When she made it back to the house, her sisters were sitting on the floor with their mother, looking through a box.

"Ellie, look! We're looking at the Christmas ornaments! We and Mommy are going to put up the tree!" shrieked Anna.

Elouise smiled as she finished taking her jacket off. "Are you?"

"Yes, but we were waiting for you," explained Ava.

"Oh, well I'm here now. Let's get it up!"

The two girls jumped up, but then Gloria stopped them. "Actually," she said, clasping her hands together and grinning. Elouise looked at her with an understandably confused look. "I wanted to get you all together to tell you that we'll be traveling for the holidays."

No one said anything. The four girls all looked at Gloria in confusion.

"We're going to see Grandma Claire," she said.

"She lives in England, though, doesn't she? London, right?" asked Lizzy skeptically.

Gloria's face dropped suddenly. "It's the first Christmas without your father," she said sadly. "She thought it would be good for us to go up there."

"So she's just...flying us out there?"

Gloria nodded. "She is."

For a moment, the four Hart sisters were left in shock. None of them could find the words to speak.

All Elouise was thinking about was how she wasn't going to tell George any of this.

After a moment, the twins began to squeal and they turned and ran straight up the stairs, presumably to start their packing immediately.

***

George snuck out of the hotel room at the same time he did each night to see Elouise. He was wondering how he'd tell her that he'd be leaving tomorrow. He was sad. He'd been here less than a week and he already wished he could stay forever.