𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟: 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑆𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝐹𝑎𝑐𝑒

❝ 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒
𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑡
𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑡...❞

***

George was almost as panicked as Elouise. He knew he had to help, but he wasn't exactly sure how to do it. When the man took off in a mad dash for Elouise, he'd taken off in his own mad dash, running to catch up, his suit getting in the way.

"Oi!" he yelled frantically, getting a confused look from the assailant and seeing Elouise jerk her eyes towards him.

George saw Elouise, who he still didn't know, make eye contact with him. George managed to run up behind the man and knock him to the ground, pleased to find that he was much stronger than him, immediately spitting threats at him.

Elouise was crying now, watching these two strange men fight in front of her—over her. She'd never wanted to cause such a fuss. She just wanted all the trouble to stop, for just one minute.

When she was sure that no strange men were anywhere near her or following her, she slipped herself behind a bush and sunk to the ground. She still had her hot chocolate, but now she was too sick to drink anymore of it. She felt like she was going to vomit. Too much had happened to her in too little time and it made her nauseous.

A few moments later, one of the men found her where she was hiding, but she couldn't tell if it was the one that had tried to hurt her, or if it was the one who had saved her, so she just covered her face with her hands and feebly scooted away.

"Please don't hurt me," she sobbed.

George was terrified. He'd got the man to scurry off, but not before he had hit him a few times. George didn't want to think about that, though. He just wanted to make sure that this girl was okay.

"No, no, I won't hurt you," he said quickly. Elouise was surprised by his accent.

British? That's bizarre, she thought.

"Is he gone?" asked Elouise anxiously.

George nodded. "Yes," he said, crouching down cautiously.

Elouise continued to distance herself from him, just out of habit. She'd been taught never to talk to strangers. There had to be some sort of exception for the ones that put themselves in harm's way to protect them, though, right?

"I just—," began George, looking around as if he'd find the words he wanted to say in the bushes around the two of them. "Do you need me to walk you home or something?" he asked awkwardly.

Elouise shook her head without hesitation. She didn't want to go home, not yet, at least. "No," she said, trying her best to keep her voice as even as possible. "I'm trying to avoid that for now, you know," she finished with a sigh.

"Well," he began. He'd expected her to have known who he was by now, but she hadn't figured it out. There was no conceivable way she didn't know who the Beatles were. He pushed the thoughts aside. "Do you need a friend, then?" he asked her, offering a smile.

For the first time, George saw the corners of her mouth turn upwards in a smile, a grateful one. He was sure it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen and for a second, it felt like he had forgotten how to breathe.