Chapter Eleven

We walked into the school and I looked up at Eric shocked. He bent down to whisper in my ear. "Go with it. Now laugh like I said something funny." He stated and I smirked all those years of acting class were about to pay off. I started to giggle and laugh. I pushed him playfully and told him to stop being so funny. We stood in front of the gym locker room and he kissed my cheek. I walked in and got changed back into my regular clothes.

"You think you can have Eric?" I heard that shrill voice that gave me a headache screech from behind me. I turned to look at Natalie and smiled at her.

"I never knew that I owned him. I don't 'have' him. I am just simply dating him." I stated.

"We can fight!" Natalie threatened.

"Aw, don't embarrass yourself sweetie. I already got your boyfriend, don't make me take your pride as well." I said and turned back around. Natalie just stood there in shock and I walked out the door. I saw Eric and ran over to him.

"Hello Love," Eric shouted and Natalie walked out sniffling. I reached Eric and looped our arms together. "Can I ask what happened?" He asked and I told him. He laughed and picked me up.

"Wont people think it is weird that we are 'dating'?" I questioned and Eric looked at me confused. He set me down and tilted his head. "I mean we are in the same house together. If we are going to pretend we are dating, we need to have a good cover story."

"First, we aren't really related. My parents adopted you three days ago, so it would not be wrong. Second, who said we were pretending?" Eric said and wiggled his eyebrows at me in a flirtatious way. I blushed and he put an arm around my shoulder.

"Eric, stop you would never date me." I stated and playfully pushed him. He smiled at me and tightened his grip.

"That's what you think." Eric whispered in my ear and I looked at him confused. "I would date you." I went to say something, but Willow came up behind me and grabbed my sides. I squealed and jumped up. Eric, Willow, and Michael started to laugh. I blushed and looked down. Eric put his arm back around my shoulder. I looked at Eric. I didn't mind the thought of dating him, I just didn't want him to be with someone like me. His face hardened and I looked forward to the way were walking. There was a guy sitting on a table talking to the people around him. He had on a blue jacket and it had a green varsity letter. He had blonde hair that looked like it was naturally curly. From where I had stood it looked like his eyes were blue but as we had gotten closer I saw his eyes were actually green. He looked at me and smiled. Eric went to stand in front of me protectively but stopped and made it look like he was trying to play around with me. I saw the cheerleader from earlier walk up to the boy and whispered in his ear. He jumped off the table and walked over to me and Eric.

"Hi, you're new right?" The guy questioned.

"Most people just call me Kayla." I explained. I never had liked being referred to as 'new.'

"Whatever, my name is Chad. I heard you were talking bad about my girl over there." He stated and pointed to the cheerleader from earlier. Eric stood in front of me and I put a hand on his shoulder. I moved him and walked over to Chad.

"Look, your 'girl' was bullying another girl so I simply told her to back off." I explained to him.

"Well, since you're new I understand you don't understand how things work. The popular kids pick on the unpopular kids no questions asked." Chad stated and got in my face.

"Looks like things are about to change." I said. He reached his hand to grab my shirt but Eric already was there and pushed him down. I looked up at the cheerleader and noticed she had changed her clothes, "Nice to see you took my advice into consideration and you." I turned to Chad. "I am over people bullying! So unless you want to mess with an angry teenage girl and her friends, I would stop." I walked around Chad. Eric stayed with me putting his arm around me protectively. I heard someone come running up behind me and pushed me down. It was Natalie and she got on top of me. She raised her fist to punch me, but a hand grabbed her wrist. It was the girl from earlier, Lilli.

"I think maybe you should get off of her." Lilli growled. her golden eyes grew brighter. I tilted my head in confusion. 'How did the contacts glow?' I asked myself. Lilli grabbed the back of Natalie's shirt and pulled her off. Eric ran over to me and helped me up.

"You okay?" Eric asked. I nodded and he smiled. Michael walked over to us.

"Looks like the dog is taking out the trash." Michael stated. Eric hit him and Michael jumped. "What?" Eric pointed his head to me and Michael winced. "Sorry."

"Why did he say dog?" I questioned Eric.

"Just a saying love." Eric explained. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. Lilli came running back and smiled at me.

"Friends?" She asked and I nodded. She smiled even bigger and I saw something that shocked me. Her teeth were pointed and it reminded me very much of a wolf. I didn't say anything though and I just smiled.

"Come on Kayla we're going to be late for class." Eric stated. He put his arm around my shoulder yet again.

"Is my shoulder your arms rest spot?" I asked him. Eric smiled and nodded as we walked to our next class. We walked to a class that was all about video cameras, radios, and still cameras. I smiled and knew I was going to love this class.

"This is where I leave you." Eric stated and I looked up at him scared. "Don't worry, Willow is in this class and she will take care of you." He explained and pulled me into a hug. "I will be right here after class."

"Okay." I said and hugged him back. We pulled apart and I walked into the class. I saw two of the cheerleaders minions sitting and talking to each other. I saw Willow and walked over to her.

"Hey bestie." Willow said and smiled at me. I smiled back and sat down beside her. "So, when are you and Eric really going to date?" she whispered.

"I don't think he would want to date someone like me." I stated.

"What do you mean by 'someone like me?'" She asked.

"Someone who is not very pretty or not very skinny." I explained.

"That's it, I am sick and tired of you talking bad about yourself!" She exclaimed

"I have only done it once in front of you." I stated.

"That's enough to make me mad, come on." She said and grabbed my hand dragging me out of the classroom.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Shopping." Willow stated.

"Right now?" I questioned and Willow nodded. "How do you suppose we do that?"

"Simple Kayla we walk out the front doors of the school." She said slowly like someone would do to a child.

"What about Eric?" I asked again.

"Think about Eric and then think about shopping." She said and I did. Eric came out of the classroom that was to our right.

"What do you think you're doing Willow?" Eric questioned.

"Kayla is being insecure so we are taking her shopping." Willow explained. Eric looked at me with hurt in his eyes. He sighed and we all took off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this chapter? I hope I am doing a good job, sometimes I can't tell. I didn't even think people would read this story. I am happy that it is getting views so I hope this chapter was good for you. If you have any feedback message me or comment.