Chapter Forty Two

Eric got up and shoved Trevor out the door. He walked in front of me as I looked into the gaping hole that once was a door. "Come on Kayla. I'm not letting you out of my sight." He said as he picked me up. I usually felt safe in Eric's arms, but not this time. I was tensed up and scared. "Kayla please dont be scared of me." He pleaded as he walked to our room.

"I can't help it your unpredictable right now since you're under a spell." I said and he sighed.

"I'm not under a spell!" He exclaimed. He walked into the room, walked over to the bed and placed me on it.

"Eric, you just told me earlier you were. You told me this as you were fighting for control. Do you not remember it?" I asked. He shook his head as he got dressed into pajamas. He walked over to me with clothes for me. He started to help me get undressed, but I flinched away from him.

"Let me help you!" He shouted. I became scared, but sat still as he helped me get dressed. He got into the bed and pulled me close to him. I fell asleep and had a nightmare. My eyes shot open in the middle of the night and I became scared.

'Savage, can you hear me?' I asked through the mind link.

"No he can't, but I can. What's wrong?" Eric whispered in my ear.

"I had a nightmare." I told him.

"What was it about?" He questioned.

"You." I whispered. Eric sighed and got out of bed. "Where are you going?"

"The floor, since you're so scared of me." He replied and took a pillow off the bed. He grabbed a blanket out of the closet and got on the floor. I laid back down, I sighed and closed my eyes trying to get to sleep. The emptiness in the bed was messing me up.

"Eric," I called out. "Are you awake?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He answered.

"I'm scared." I admitted.

"I know you're scared of me." He said as I heard him adjusting his body to get more comfortable.

"No, I'm scared of loosing you." I whispered. I heard him sigh and get up. He walked over to the bed and got in.

"How about we find a way to break this spell I'm under, even though I'm not under one. Would that make you feel better?" He questioned. I nodded as he laid back down beside me. He laid on his right side with his back to me.

"Eric?" I said again. He sighed and turned back to face me. "Can you lay on your back, so I can lay my head on your chest? That's the only way to keep that nightmares away." He smiled and nodded. I put my head on his chest. As I fell back asleep I could feel Eric playing with my hair. As I was sleeping I had no nightmares. I woke up to Eric playing with my hands. I smiled as he just messed with my hands.

"Good morning." He said as he sat the both of us up. He got out of bed and got dressed. He grabbed my clothes and helped me dress again. I tried to stay calm so he wouldn't get mad. He helped me out the door and downstairs to the living room. All of the maid were cleaning up the mess Eric had made. We walked into the living room where everyone else was. They all jumped back from Eric because they were scared.

"Guys calm down, Eric is under a spell-" I started to say.

"Am not." Eric said while coughing.

"He has offered to break the spell he's in in order to make me feel better." I explained. Everyone looked at Eric suspiciously as he helped me sit down.

"Its like its Eric, but he's easily irritated." Willow whispered. Eric's head popped up while he gave her a glare. I placed my hand on his shoulder to get him to calm down. He took a deep breath and sat beside me.

"Now how do we plan on getting this curse, that I don't have, broken?" Eric asked.

"Why do you care?" Willow questioned.

"I don't like Kayla to be scared of me. Now let's talk so I can get my mate to love me again." Eric said.

"Okay then," Trent started. "First we need to figure out who did it."

"I vote for Kaleb!" Willow exclaimed. Eric shook his head at her while he smirked.

"No, it was a woman." He replied.

"Wait you know what she looks like?" I asked with hopeful eyes. He looked down at me with sad eyes and shook his head again.

"Sorry, she called me on the telephone." He told me.

"Its okay." I said. Everyone looked at Eric in shock. I could tell they were confused.

"Look, Kayla is my mate. If I was under a spell I would still feel the way I do. No in the entire world can change it. Nothing can change it, even though she cheated on me, I still love her." He explained. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I sighed.

"I didn't cheat on you thats the spell talking!" I exclaimed. Eric's eyes flashed red and I shrieked away from him. His eyes softened as he sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to loose my temper." He said to me. I shrugged my shoulders as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Okay, so we know it was a woman." Trevor took up where Trent left off.

-------------------------------------
There might still be some confusion, so I'll explain a little more. Eric is under a spell that causes him to strongly believe Kayla cheated on him. He still loves her but his temper is very easily set off. He also believes that he isn't under a spell when he really is. Don't be afraid to ask questions

Also don't forget to send in your entries to me at my email kaylakh99@yahoo.com . if you could also put your username so I know who to dedicate it if you win. So far I'm loving all the entries, its going to be very hard to choose.