Chapter Fifty Seven

After I had called for Trevor to help me get Eric back into the bed. I decided I would go back to bed and try to sleep. I laid down and closed my eyes while I hoped for sleep. I was soon granted my wish.

I had a dream that Eric and I were sitting at a dinner table with a little boy. The little boy had my blonde hair, but had Eric's emerald green eyes. In the dream someone shouted and I turned to see Kaleb with a sadistic smile on his face. He stabbed Eric right through the chest then stabbed me. He picked up the baby then walked out of the room.

I jolted awake in the bed as a pain shot through my stomach. Eric looked over at me then sat up.

"Kayla, are you okay?" He asked.

"No, my stomach it hurts." I gritted out through my teeth. He jumped up out of the bed and grabbed our hospital bag in case we needed it. He lifted me up into his arms gently so he didn't hurt me. He rushed out to the car and set me into the passenger side. He ran to the drivers side then took off down the road. He picked me up and ran me inside to the hospital. "Can someone help me! My wife is pregnant and she is having pains in her stomach." He shouted. A male nurse came over and Eric set me down in the wheel chair the nurse had brought. The nurse rushed me into an emergency room then paged a doctor. A female doctor walked in, but I was in to much pain that I didn't notice her appearance.

"How far along is she?" The doctor asked.

"Six months." Eric answered.

"Okay I need you to step outside of the ER so we have more room." The doctor told Eric. Eric shook his head, but the male nurse pushed him out. A pain shot through me and I went to grab Eric's hand, but I couldn't find it. A pain ran through my body again and I screamed.

"Eric!" I yelled.

~Eric's POV~

I heard Kayla's yells and cries for me. I tried to fight back against the nurse to get to her, my eyes going red.

"Sir, if you do not leave right now I will be calling security." The nurse threatened and pushed me out of the room. I heard Kayla's screams get louder and filled with more pain.

"She needs me!" I yelled at the nurse.

"Right now we need to figure out what's wrong and if you're in the room then it will be impossible." He said. "The best thing for you to do right now is go sit down and wait for the doctor."

-Kayla's POV-

All I fell was pain and I didn't know where Eric was so I started to hyperventilate. "Eric!" I screamed as I gripped the sheets. Nurses went around me frantically.

"Mrs. Collins we need you to push as hard as you possibly can." The doctor said. I remember nodding then pushing as hard as I could screaming slightly in the process. I closed my eyes tightly and felt tears rushing down my face. "Alright stop pushing and wait until I tell you to push again." I laid back and panted. "Push!" I did the same thing until I finally heard a baby's cry fill the room. My pain dulled for a moment when I looked and saw my baby being cleaned by the doctor. I slowly pass out.

-Now back to Eric POV-

I sat in the waiting room with everyone else. I had called everyone and told them Kayla had gone into labor. They were there within 20 minutes. I started to pace then heard Kayla screaming and could feel her pain. It stopped me dead in my tracks and I began to walk back, but my father grabbed my wrist.

"Eric, you need to let the doctors do their job. They will make sure Kayla is okay I promise." My dad said. "Go lay down on that couch and I'll wake you up in an hour." I nodded then slowly walked over and laid down unable to think about anything except Kayla and the baby. I passed out from exhaustion. My dad kept his word and woke me up within the next hour. I sat up and looked around to see everyone else was asleep. It was quiet, but Kayla's screams filled the room once again.

"I wish they would let me in there to her." I said and hit the couch. My dad handed me a cup with some blood in it.

"Don't worry, Kayla's a fighter she'll be fine. Drink, I know you haven't been eating right since Kayla got pregnant." My dad said. I nodded and downed the glass quickly. I heard Kayla scream, but this one was cut short. I listened and couldn't hear anything, so I did the only thing that seemed right at the time.

"What the hell?" I asked as I stood to go to the door and once again my dad grabbed my arm.

"Eric you need you stay here. The doctor will come and get you once Kayla is stable. Trust me I know. I went through it with your mother." My dad said and I looked at him.

"When your mother gave birth to you and your sister this is what happened, it's just a vampire thing. Your mom's wasn't as bad since she herself was a vampire, but Kayla's not so it will be harder for her. I can promise you that Kayla will be okay." My dad said and I sat down with my head in my hands not being able to speak. My dad put his hand on my shoulder and sighed slightly. "Don't worry son, the doctor will probably be out soon." He pat my shoulder as he stood up and walked out of the room. I could tell the thought of my mom upset him. I sighed and waited for any sign of news.

Twenty minutes later the doctor came out and looked around. He saw me and walked over.