Chapter Ten

Eric and I walked to the office to get my schedule. When we walked in a woman with black straight hair and sparkling green eyes smiled up at Eric and I. "Good morning Eric. Who is the new girl?" She asked and looked at me with a warm smile. I could not help but to smile back.

"Good morning Sarah, this is Kayla. My parents adopted her a couple day ago." Eric explained and the woman nodded. "We are actually here to get her schedule."

"Yeah, your parents called the other day and tried us to get you guys in the same classes." Sarah stated and handed me my schedule. "We tried out best, but we were only able to get you guys together in four out of the five classes." She looked down at her computer. "Oh and you guys have the same lunch together." I smiled at Eric and he winked at me. I blushed and we walked out of the main office. "Welcome to the school Kayla. You guys have a good day." Sarah called to us as we walked out.

"You too!" I said back and walked with Eric. "First class is Gym." I stated. I automatically groaned and put my face in my hands.

"What's wrong?" Eric asked slightly amused.

"I have gym in the morning. I already hate gym enough." I groaned and looked at Eric through my fingers. He laughed at me and grabbed my hand.

"Stop whining! Gym is not that bad." Eric stated and I shook my head.

"Eric, I don't like to work out why do you think I am fat?" I asked looking down at my stomach. He stopped us and looked me in the eyes.

"You are not fat. Don't say that again." Eric pleaded with me looking me in the eyes. I nodded and he smiled. "Good, now come on. Jump on my back." He said and I opened my mouth to protest. I did not want to hurt him, but he wanted me to. I jumped on his back and he didn't fall.

"To infinity and beyond." I yelled and pointed forward.

"Since when did you become Buzz Lightyear?" Eric questioned me.

"I have always been Buzz. You just never noticed." I stated. Eric laughed and started to run to the gym. We got there and he let me down at the girls locker room.

"Okay, I will see you in gym." Eric said and I went into the locker room. The female gym teacher looked at me. She was very tall and had long blond hair that she held up in a ponytail. She also had piercing light grey eyes that dared anyone to question her authority.

"Hello, you must be the new student. Your parents already called. Here you go." She said and handed me two pairs of gym green and blue gym clothes. I sighed and changed into the gym clothes. I walked to the mirror and sighed again at how ridiculous I looked. The shirt was like three sizes too big and the shorts went past my knees. "Alright ladies head out." The gym teacher yelled and everyone went to the gymnasium. I saw Eric and walked over to him.

"Hey." I said and Eric smiled big at me.

"Hey, nice clothes." Eric stated and I blushed.

"Yeah I know. I look ridiculous." I admitted and looked around the gym. Eric laughed and patted my back.

"Don't worry about it. You look fine." He said and my blush deepened. I heard a British voice yelling and Eric groaned. A man walked in and he was dressed in workout clothes. He had the headband too. It was a funny sight and Eric sighed putting his face in his hands.

"Who is that?" I questioned.

"That is Mr. Thomas, he used to live in Britain. He has been at this school for three years. His accent has gone down a little but the first year he was here, his accent was very strong." Eric explained. I nodded and I looked at Mr. Thomas. He had black hair with a lot of grey in it and he had playful blue eyes.

"Okay you lot. We are going to the track today." Mr. Thomas shouted over the noise of the crowd. Everyone groaned except for Eric.

"What is he going to make us do?" I asked and Eric chuckled.

"We have to go around the track three times." Eric explained and I looked at him weird. "We also have the choice of walking it or running it."

"Why are people groaning then?" I asked.

"Because that is the warm up." Eric answered. "Later people are going to have a choice of going to the weight room, playing dodgeball, or playing a competitive game of basketball."

"Fun." I said and we started to walk outside.

"Yeah we can do whatever you want." Eric stated and rubbed his neck. I smiled and knew immediately what I was going to do.

"Weight room." I declared and Eric nodded. We got out to the track and Mr. Thomas looked around and looked at me. He smiled at me and it seemed like a mischievous smile.

"Kayla!" He yelled and pointed to the spot next to him. I looked at Eric worried and he looked confused. "Hello everyone, Kayla here is a new student." Everyone looked at me and I blushed. "So I need someone willing to show her around." All of the guys hands went up and a few girls did too. I looked at Eric and pleaded to him with my eyes to get me out of this awkward situation. He rose his hand and the teacher looked at me. "Okay, Kayla go choose someone."

I nodded and walked over to Eric. Eric smiled and Mr. Thomas nodded. "Now you know the drill. Get to moving." He said and we all started to walk or run the track. Eric walked next to me and someone came running up behind him. Whoever it was jumped on his back. They both fell and started to laugh. I started laughing too and a boy looked up at me. He had lime green hair and violet eyes.

"Who is that?" The boy asked.

"Michael this is Kayla." Eric stated.

"Oh Eric!" We heard someone yell. We all turned and saw Natalie. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. Eric laughed and ran over to me. He picked me up and spun me around. I giggled and looked at Natalie. She huffed and stomped away from the track.

"Will she ever learn?" A girl with short spiky purple hair asked.

"I don't know Willow." Eric stated. We walked around and Willow looked at me.

"Eric, you are so rude." Willow shouted at him. He jumped back. "You're an idiot. Hi my name is Willow. I am loud, like to have fun, and most of all I am you're new best friend." Willow introduced herself. I laughed and nodded.

"My name is Kayla. I love the color blue, I am very quiet, and I would love to be you're new best friend." I stated and Willow draped her arm around my shoulder.

"Now that you guys are acquainted. I believe it is time for us to go back inside." Eric declared and we all laughed. We walked towards the school and I heard someone talking about me.

"Ugh, I mean did you see what she was wearing? I don't know why Eric even tolerates her." I heard the shrill voice of Natalie state. She was sitting down on a ledge talking to the head cheerleader.

"Eric will get back together with you by the end of the week, I promise." The head cheerleader said and rolled we eyes.

"The chances of that happening is slim to none. You see I already have a girlfriend." Eric admitted and I looked at him shocked.

'Who was she?' I thought. 'She is probably prettier than me.'

I saw Eric's jaw tighten. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. "Here she is. This is my girlfriend. She is beautiful, care more for the people around her than for herself, oh and she is not a wanna be Barbie." Eric stated.

Willow coughed twice "Natalie." Then coughed twice again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems as if when I can't come up with a characters name, I give them my name. I have been thinking maybe I should take down my other stories until I finish Adopted by Vampires. Tell me what you think about that. Also if you have any questions regarding my stories feel free to message me or comment. I have no idea where my story is going, but I will figure it out soon. If any of you have any ideas on what I should or could do feel free to message me or comment. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)