"I don't think that's—"

"He's right," the tattoo artist interjected. "Tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark.' Like a rite of passage."

"Yeah, you see? He gets it."

"He's covered in tattoos!" Stiles said, folding his arms over his chest. "Scott, literally."

"Hav, didn't you say you wanted to get a tattoo, too?" Scott asked.

The short girl nodded, looking between her two best friends.

"You're getting a tattoo?" Stiles asked, his eyes bugging out.

"Yessir," nodded Haven. "Right after Scott."

"Of what?!" exclaimed Stiles.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket, showing Stiles the tattoo design she had picked out. It was minimalistic of a crescent moon rising over waves.

"Seemed to really go with the theme of this friend group, yanno?"

"You ready?" the tattoo artist asked Scott, holding up the needle. "You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?"

"Nope," Scott shook his head.

The buzz of the needle started, and Haven and Stiles inched closer.

"You know, I tend to get a little squeamish though, so..." Stiles started, looking over at Scott's arm.

Haven looked up at him, holding her arms out knowing that Stiles was about to collapse.

✧☾✧

The trio climbed into the Jeep after both Scott and Haven got their tattoos—a very illegal thing for them to do at their age.

"You okay?" Stiles asked.

"Kinda burns," responded Scott, holding up his arm.

"Yes, you just had your skin stabbed about 100,000 times with a needle."

"Yeah, but I don't think it's supposed to feel like this," Scott responded, looking to the back seat. "Does yours burn?"

"No, not really," she shook her head.

Scott groaned, yelping, "Oh, God, no! It's definitely not supposed to feel like this. Oh, I gotta take this thing off."

"No!" Stiles and Haven scrambled to try to convince him to leave the bandage wraps on. "No, no, no, Scott."

Stiles winced, looking down, "Scott, please, stop."

When he took the wraps off, the area around his tattoos was red.

"Woah," Stiles and Haven said in unison.

"Oh, no, what?" Scott gasped, and they all watched as the tattoo healed. "No, no, come on... It healed."

Stiles and Haven gave him sympathetic smiles while also trying not to laugh.

"Ah, thank God," Stiles sighed in relief. "I hated it."

Scott looked at him in offense.

"Sorry."

✧☾✧

"Nah, we agreed to give each other the summer..." Scott trailed off, talking about whether or not he had talked to Allison while she spent the summer in France. "No texts... no calls."

"So how do you know she won't be back at school then?" Stiles asked.

"After everything that happened, I'm not sure she's coming back at all," Scott responded.