TWENTY FOUR

70 COMMENTS

✧☾✧

Haven went running after she had horribly parked her mom's car in front of the sheriff's station. She couldn't explain it, but it was a feeling. Like the one she got when she just knew where Stiles was, she knew there was some unbalance going on at the sheriff's station that the witch in her wanted to rebalance.

"That's right, I've learned a few things lately," she heard Matt say as she slipped through the back door, walking around cautiously. "Werewolves, hunters, kanimas. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into? I haven't quite figured out you and Haven yet."

"Well, I'm an abominable snowman," Stiles said sarcastically, trying not to gaze at Haven as he saw her walking in. "But, it's more of a winter time thing, seasonal."

Matt flinched to the side a bit, and before Haven and Scott knew it, Jackson scratched Stiles. 

"Hey!" they both yelled.

"You bitch," Stiles said.

While Stiles went down, Scott was stopped by Jackson, unable to help him up. Haven managed to rush past Matt, but unable to break Stiles' fall as he landed on top of Derek, but she did expose her presence as she got on the floor next to the two paralyzed boys.

Haven managed to rush past Matt, breaking Stiles's fall with her lap, but also exposing her presence.

"Haven, nice of you to join the party," Matt said as she looked up at him with a glare. "Did your little pet golden retriever come with you?"

"He's more of a poodle mix, yanno, since his hair is curly and brown," Haven sarcastically remarked, knowing he was talking about Isaac. "And no, he isn't here."

Derek grunted and said, "Get. Him. Off. Of. Me."

"Oh, I don't know, Derek," Matt said, "I think you two make a pretty good pair. It must kinda suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth," Derek replied. "Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch," Stiles said.

He got closer to Haven, his face close to hers as she fell back on her ass a bit trying to get away.

"What about you? I'm not sure what it is you can do yet, but I'm sure I also don't want to find out."

"Stay away from her!" the boys all chorused together.

Matt laughed and scoffed, but he did step away.

"Must feel nice," Matt said. "Feeling protected all the time, having four guys wrapped around your pretty little finger ready to die for you at any given moment, hm? Scott, your best friend since you were a child. Derek, the big bad wolf who is a bit emotionless but has a huge soft spot for you. Stiles whose human, but would happily crash his Jeep into someone in order to protect you. Isaac, who has no one to love him but you."

She glared up at him, then glanced back at Jackson. His half reptilian form stared back at her as if he didn't even recognize her. She thought back to when he protected her from the hunters after Lydia was bitten by Peter, when he gave her a heads up about Isaac and his dad fighting. She knew Jackson could act like he had no soul, but she also knew that there was some broken boy under all of it.

"Would've been five, but you seem to have brainwashed one of them," she sneered.

She tried to will herself to perform a spell, but in her moment of panic, it was almost like she had forgotten all of the ones she had spent hours trying to perfect in the greenhouse. The countless bloody noses, minor earthquakes, the faintings, the early morning coffee runs with Lydia or Stiles before school when she looked like hell. All of it seemed useless as she looked at the two boys on the floor, Scott unable to move because of Jackson, and Jackson unable to even think for himself.