Seven

It was almost weekend again. Divya and I had planned to go for shopping this weekend. We had to get somethings for the house. I was also very busy with my work and wanted to burst my stress by spending money. So we planned to go to the mall and get whatever we wanted.

It was Saturday and in the evening we went shopping. We had roamed in all the shops and spent a lot of money (actually more than expected). We were heading to the food court when someone suddenly came from behind and scared us. It was Shivin. He came to surprise Divya.

"What the hell Shivin?? You really scared the crap out of us", said Divya who was panic-stricken.

"Relax Divs! I was here to surprise you not to annoy you", said Shivin in a calming way.

"You said you were with your friends so I wanted a girl's weekend. Just me and Adhya. Why are you here now?",Divya asked. She was clearly annoyed.

"Actually there was a change of plan. Everyone was busy so we had to postpone it. I saw your Instagram stories and thought I might surprise you"

"Well we are busy, we have to have dinner now"

"Actually the real surprise is I have planned a dinner for us. You and me."

"Hey, I am with Adhya and we have a lot to shop, so sorry I can't come", she said firmly.

"I know how much you guys have to shop", he said sarcastically looking at our bags. "This is the restaurant that you always wanted to go"

"You should totally go Divya. I know how much you were waiting for this restaurant to open, you guys should go and try it out", I said.

"What you guys? Aren't you coming with us?", Divya asked.

"No, I don't want to be the third wheel between you guys. You guys should go and enjoy yourselves"

"I can't leave you alone like this. We'll do this restaurant thing next time. Now we'll have something and head home", she said.

"No sweetie, you should go. I'll manage myself and go home. Don't worry about me", I said. I didn't want to spoil Shivin's plans. I always admired the way Shivin used to make efforts to spend time with Divya. I really didn't want to spoil this for them.

"Don't worry Divya. Everything is taken care of. Adhya has a ride back home," said Shivin. "Actually ...". Before he could complete his sentence somebody lifted Divya from behind. He was dressed in weird way. I mean his clothes were fine but he was wearing a mask and shades. I mean who wears shades at the night in a mall. I closely looked at him and found out he was Arjun. Divya and Shivin were used to this look of Arjun. He has to do this to avoid mobbing.

"Not again!", Divya bursted out with anger this time. "What the hell Arjun? Can't you boys just meet me normally. Why do you find ways to scare me?", shouted Divya. Arjun kept laughing and looking at Shivin.

"Actually I was going to tell you guys before. Arjun is riding Adhya home. So Divya can we go now? ", Shivin asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah fine. Adhya is it okay with you?", she asked.

"Yes darling go and enjoy yourself. I'm fine"

She hugged me and Shivin mouthed a thank you and they left. So it was just Arjun and me again.

"So why did your night out get postponed?", I asked.

"Ah everyone was busy", he said very casually.

"What were you upto?"

"I just had a meeting with the BCCI. It was for the England tour. The squad got announced, so they wanted to brief us about it", he said.

"Oh so when are you leaving?"

"Actually it is England tour of India, so they will be coming here. We have three Tests, three ODIs and three T20s. The tournament starts on the 5th of next month in Wankhede ."

"Oh that's great", I said. I actually didn't know what to say. I was not a cricket fan as I said earlier. So I had no idea what he was talking about.

"You don't follow the sports news, do you?"

"I am not a cricket fan, just watched a few IPL matches. So I don't follow much "

"Now I get it, you just watched my matches right. That's why you came to me in the party for a selfie", he said mockingly.

This time I was angry. Why does this guy think the whole world revolves around him?  Why does every sentence have to start and end with him? Is he the emperor of the world or universe?

"I happened to see Hyderabad's matches as I am from Hyderabad and you just happen to be a player in the team so please stop considering yourself as the master of the universe"

"Oh you're from Hyderabad interesting. I didn't know that. So our loyalty lies for the same team"

"I don't follow IPL properly it was just a few matches with my cousin. He loves cricket. He keeps talking about it all the time"

"Oh you go to the stadium for the matches?"

"Nope. Television. I hate the noise and the crowd in the stadium. I can't stand all that"

"You are really weird. Actually a girl from another planet. You don't like cricket, you don't like stadiums. You are really weird"

"When did I say I don't like cricket. I just said I don't follow it much. I'm busy with other things that's it"

"Weird", he mumbled.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing. Okay girl. Let's get you some food and we'll head out"

I can't believe this guy. Why is he so obsessed with himself? Does the whole world have to revolve around him and cricket? I know India is a country which worships this game. But that doesn't mean every single person should know about it. 

I had to tell myself to deal with this guy as he was my ride back home. If the start was like this I wondered how the journey was going to be.