Twenty

So as usual, my day in the office starts with Veer calling me into his cabin and giving me a typical list of work instructions to be done. Then I go back into my cubicle and start working on it. But today it was different. I could see someone in Veer's cabin. I could surely tell that he was neither a person from  this office nor a client. I was wondering who Veer was taking to. All I could see was that the man was tall, dusky and wearing a suit.

After sometime Veer comes out with that person to my desk. I was taken aback for a moment.

Oh my god! What is he doing here?

"So she is the one I was talking about, Adhya", boasted Veer.

"Oh hey Adhya, nice meeting you again. It's been so long right?", enquired Mihir.

Yeah right, he is MIHIR RAJAN my college crush. But why was he here?

"Hey Mihir, good to see you after a long time", I responded.

"So you guys already know each other?", asked Veer.

"Yeah! We come from the same college. Adhya is my junior", said Mihir.

"Oh great! So now I don't have to meddle in between to make you guys feel comfortable. You can take it from here right Mihir?", asked Veer.

"Sure Veer", he responded. I was standing there perplexed but no one was taking the pain to make me understand.

"Can I know what's happening here?"

"Adhya, don't worry. Mihir will tell you everything. Just know that he's your new associate from Bangalore and you are going to work on the same project", answered Veer.

What on earth was happening! Mihir and I were associates working on the same project? I mean, I had a serious crush on this guy and it took me so long to move on and now here I am working on the same project with him again.

"Is it okay if I explain her things over coffee?", Mihir asked Veer.

"She's all yours now"

"Excuse me, what?", I cried out loudly.

"I mean you guys are associates. So it's fine", mumbled Veer.

"So shall we?", asked Mihir showing me the way.

"Sure"

--------

"So Adhya, how are you?", Mihir enquired sipping his coffee.

"I'm...m...m greattt", I mumbled.

What's wrong with you, be confident.

"So how's it going with you? I didn't know that we work with the same firm", I asked.

"Actually, I switched after working for a few months. I hated the work in my first company. But here the work's is different. It's interesting", he replied looking into my eyes. I broke the eye contact feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah it's nice here. Veer is really friendly and great to work with"

"Yes, Veer's pretty impressed with your work. He just kept talking about you all along"

"He's a good person"

"So Adhya, I thought you loved Hyderabad and never wanted to leave the place"

"Actually, but now, I started liking this place as well. A friend of mine makes me fall in love with this place every single time and makes me feel that I belong here"

"Seems like a great friend. I would like to meet her sometime"

"No it's actually hi..", before I could complete the sentence Divya just stopped by and interrupted me.

"Hey Addy, what are you doing with this man, at this time leaving work?", questioned Divya.

"So Mihir, meet my friend Divya and Divya this is Mihir. She works in the same company. And Divya, Mihir is my new associate", I cleared things as soon as possible.

"Oh hi Mihir, nice meeting you", muttered Divya trying to check him out.

"Same here Divya", responded Mihir.

"So you girls carry on. I catch up soon in the office Adhya", announced Mihir. I smiled and let him go. I could feel that Divya had made things weird.

"Bye Mihir see you soon", shouted Divya.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you crazy? He's my associate. I have to work with him now. You are making things weird"

"What weird? He's hot. And you guys were having weird conversations before I came"

"What the hell? Were you eavesdropping? That's totally not done"

"I had to. I wanted to spice things up in your life. I tried doing that with you and Arjun but all my efforts went in vain. Atleast now I get to do my things right. And what's up with you? Why were you not behaving like a human infront of him?"

"What do mean?"

"I mean, you were not you. I saw some other person in you today. Mumbling meekly and all"

She caught me! Then what else do I do? I met my biggest crush after so long. It was going to be awkward.

"No, I was fine"

"You liar. I can see things. You have a crush on him"

"No", I shouted. Everyone looked at me. I mouthed an apology and spoke up.

"No, I mean I don't have a crush on him. I used to in college days but not now. So it's a little awkward"

"I see. Was it a two sided one?"

"No I had a crush on him and I never told him that. So we just were acquaintances that's it. Now please kill all the stupid thoughts in your mind. We are professionally working together. So I want to keep it professional."

"Okay let's see."

"Divya please"

"Let's talk about it later. I have loads of work to do. You go and meet your hero, he must be waiting for you", teased Divya.

I don't know what was coming in way but I hoped that it was not a thunderstorm.

-----------

Hello Readers,

I'm sorry it's been a while. I hope you like the update. Please don't forget to vote and tell me how you like it.