Ten

Hello everyone! All of you must know me by now. I am Arjun Sharma. I'm going to take over from Adhya in this chapter. Adhya must have told somethings about me. But now let me tell you my story.

As you all know I am a cricketer. I am a top order batsman to be more specific. I can bat in the middle as well. I really liked the game since I was a child. Other than cricket I also play football. If not a cricketer I would definitely have been a footballer. I always worked hard  to reach this position. But you never know when everything can go wrong and take away whatever you have. So I work hard to maintain it. Playing Test Cricket for the country is my dream. I have played a lot of One Day International matches and T20s but I have not yet opened my account in the tests. I have a good record in the domestic tournaments as well.

I'm very close to my family and friends. I love to spend time with all of them. My best friend is Shivin. We have known each other since childhood. He was there with me through out my struggle. He is the one constant support that I can always rely on. I have experienced a lot of stuff in my life which makes me difficult to trust new people. I am always skeptical when I meet new people. I take time to understand them. Talking about  trust, I found Adhya very different. I mean the first time I met her I thought she was some random fan girl who was obsessed with me. But when I kept meeting her, my perspective about her changed. She's a very deep person. She's reserved about a lot of stuff. But she's interesting. She doesn't share her feelings very easily. I think a lot of stuff must be going around in her mind. I don't know why I like spending time with her. This was the first time that I had spoken to a girl for so long. I mean there is something in her which attracts me to her. I have seen a lot of girls and spent time with them, but I never felt this connected.

When I keep thinking about random things, my phone rings. It's a call from Sourabh, my manager.

"Arjun! Good news. You have been made the brand ambassador for Rex Tyres"

"Wow! That's great"

"But you have to go to their office today. They want you to sign the contract."

"Sourabh, how is that possible? I have practice today which I can't skip. Can't you just send the papers home?"

"I have told them that you are not free. But they just want to meet you once. Don't worry it won't be for long I promise. Go to the office after the practice."

"Sourabh!!", I groaned.

"Meet you at 7"

I was on my way to practice. I really had a long day.  I sighed and went to the ground. The moment I entered the ground, I forgot everything. This always happens with me, all the time. As soon as I enter the ground everything is just binary for me. I only see the bat and the ball. I was very happy with my performance. I played really well in the nets. The coach was also impressed.

"Bro, you killed it today", I heard a voice behind me. It was Sandeep Gupta. He was my teammate. "The way you played Mishra today was amazing", he said.

"How do you know about it?"

"Bro seriously, this is the talk of the town now. Everybody is talking about it. Actually Mishra's face told us a lot of things. You are really playing well against spin"

"Yeah that's what the coach has told. Let's see how it goes."

Sandy was a close teammate. He was a very positive person. He was chilled out person. I loved to hang out with him. Actually the three of us were like a gang. Navdeep Sinha, Sandeep Gupta and I.

"Bro let's hang out this weekend. Navdeep, you and I. You free?"

"Yeah sure. At my place?"

"Great!"

I went to Rex Tyres. I met Sourabh there. We had a small meeting with them and I signed the contract. I came back home and looked at my phone. There  were a lot of notifications. None bothered me. I spoke to Abhi (my brother) for sometime. He was pretty busy as his semesters were coming up. I had to go to Delhi tomorrow for work. Lot of things were coming up. Suddenly I became numb. I was blank and all gloomy. This happens to me sometimes. Though there were a lot of people around me I feel lonely. There is a void that has to be filled. I don't know why this happens, but I really wanted to feel safe around the person I trust.

--------------------------------

To be continued..

Please don't forget to vote.