Twenty Two

Hyderabad's first match was against Kolkata. It was Arjun's big comeback after a long time. I was really excited along with his millions of fans. I took a day of just to watch him live.

Hyderabad won the toss and chose to field. They were brilliant in the first innings. The bowling and fielding was on point. I could see my man on the boundary rope with some tough catches.

Wait! Did I just say my man? How does it matter. He was my gorilla anyways!!

They limited Kolkata to a 154. It was a really tough pitch to bat on. The ball was sticking and not coming freely on the bat. But Kolkata did well. It was now Hyderabad's turn to open their account in the points table.

Arjun generally comes at number 3 but he was sent to open today. I was a little surprised but a lot excited because I was going to see him for a long time.

The first ball went for a four. Then a six!! All the fans in the stands were super happy. And so was I. I wanted the old Arjun to comeback. When the other players were struggling to score runs, Arjun seemed to be in good touch. His hardwork in the nets was clearly being seen. Within no time Arjun scored a 50. I got emotional when he waved the bat in the air. He single handedly scored 82 in that tough pitch without getting out. All the commentators were taken by storm. They were in constant praises of him.

Hyderabad comfortably won the match. Arjun was named the Man of the Match.

Stadium (Post match presentation)

"Arjun it was a feast for everyone eyes to watch you play like this today. What a wonderful performance!", said the journalist.

"Thank you. I think it was long pending", responded Arjun.

"You played so well today. When there were a quick fall of wickets, you stood there showing the depth in the crease rotating the strike so well. Well done! What was your mindset like today?"

"My job is to score runs and make my team win. Even when the wickets were falling, the only thought in my mind was to stay and score runs for the team. And I think I could execute that well this time"

"What's the atmosphere in the dressing room like now?"

"The boys are pumped up. It always a big boost when you start off the tournament well. Looking forward to having more wins like this"

"Scoring a fifty after a long time must be a great feeling isn't it?"

"Yes! It's definitely a great feeling. Specially when you have positive people around you. They are always there with you no matter what. Constantly checking on you and pushing you when you are low. I feel grateful", he chuckled.

"Good one Arjun. Hope to see many more like this"

"Thanks. Cheers mate!!"

-----------------

As soon as he came to the dressing room he called me.

"I was waiting for your call. Well played my champ. I totally loved it!"

"Thanks. Did you watch my post match?"

"Yeah. You were super cute"

"It was about you, idiot. I spoke about you on the National Television"

"When? You just said positive people. There are a lot of positive people in your life"

"I can't take your name on the National Television. It's going to be a headline the next day"

"Let it be who cares. Unless, you have a problem with it", I said and chuckled softly.

"I don't care if you don't have a problem being called my girlfriend or my fiance"

"No way. I can't be your girlfriend. That's worse", I blushed.

"Why what's wrong in being my girlfriend?", he asked angrily.

"Mihir is going to feel bad", I said jokingly. "Wait, you want me to be your girlfriend?", I enquired. My heart started pounding fast. It was the first time we have ever had a conversation like that. A part of me was wanting it and the other part was clueless. I was not actually sure about anything.

"I never said that. You go and have fun with Mihir"

"Thank you for your advice but I don't need it now. I know how to enjoy myself. You go and have fun with your teammates", I said sarcastically.

"I will. Thank you!", he boasted.

"It would be nice if I you were here. I want you here", he mumbled to himself.

"You said something?"

"No. I'm leaving to the hotel now. I'll call you later. Bye"

"Bye. Have fun"

I don't know what just happened to me when we had that 'girlfriend' conversation. Did I really see Arjun in that way? Was I waiting for a positive response? Why did I really care so much? What is happening to me? Why has it became so necessary for me to talk to Arjun everyday? Why does it affect me so badly if Arjun's not okay? Why does my mood have to depend on him? Was I falling for him? I know I like Arjun but is it more than just friendship? I wasn't sure. But maybe I wanted something to happen.

You are overthinking. Just shut up and go to sleep.

------------

Hey guys!

Hope you are all well. I am sorry, I have been a little inactive lately. I was going through a lot of stuff. I will try my best for being regular from now.

I hope you like the new update. Please don't forget to vote and tell me how you like it!