Fifteen

"I want you and Rohan to go home now!", said Arjun.

"But why? Who's that man? Why was he addressing you as his son? Is he your father?", I kept asking him repeatedly in vain.

"I don't care about that man. I want you to go home!"

"But I need an answer. As your friend it is my right to know about that man. Arjun please, tell me who he is"

"Adhya please. Please don't make me shout at you. I really respect you and I would never like to hurt you!!"

"Well then you're hurting me by hiding things"

Just then Rohan returned with Sandy.

"Adhya, now please go home with Rohan. I'll call you soon"

Before I could say anything he said goodbye and turned his face away. He was hiding his face from me. I couldn't figure out the reason. I was really worried for him. I wanted to help him and cheer him up very badly. But I didn't want to create a scene there so I left with Rohan.

After going home I kept calling him repeatedly. But he was not answering. He was not even replying to my texts. I was anxious. I wanted to make sure he was alright. So I decided to call Sourabh. Arjun gave me Sourabh's number for emergencies.

"Hey Sourabh"

"Hi Adhya! Wassup?"

"Arjun's not answering my calls. Do you know why?"

"Yeah. Actually he's stuck up in a meeting with Rex Tyres"

"Meeting? Now? He didn't tell me about it"

"Actually it was a sudden plan"

"Oh"

"You can call him tomorrow"

"And any updates on the injury?"

"Not till now. Will let you know as soon as I get any info"

"Thanks Sourabh"

"Bye. Take care"

--------------------

The next day I tried to call him up. He was still not taking my calls. I was pissed. So I directly went to the hotel. I went to his room and knocked the door.

"Adhya? What are you doing here?", Arjun asked.

"You didn't leave me any option. Now tell me how are you?", I asked barging into his room.

"I'm fine"

"Seriously Arjun! Why can't you answer my calls? I was so worried that......"

Before I could complete, he hugged me so tight that it startled me. Tears rolled down his eyes, he was really vulnerable. I was speechless for a moment. I never saw this side of his. It took some time for me to understand the situation.

"Arjun, it's going to be okay", I said rubbing my hands softly on his back.

He realized his state and  broke the hug, turned away his face and wiped his tears. He tried to be normal. But he wasn't. His eyes were red and he had dark circles. It was very evident that he didn't sleep the whole night.

"Arjun, you didn't sleep the whole night. Did you?"

"No, I'm fine"

"It's going to be okay Arjun. We are there with you. You are not alone"

This time he gave me a tight hug and broke-down. My eyes turned moist as well. I couldn't see him in this state.

"Arjun, everything is going to be okay. Please tell me what's bothering you and I promise I'll stand by you. Please Arjun trust me."