How Hypocritical Of You

Start from the beginning

He looks casual and nonchalant as usual. In his violet eyes is his signature look of boredom mixed with mild amusement.

"Sam!" I greet him, my excitement seeping into my voice.

At my tone, his brows furrow and he scrutinizes me with his head slightly inclined to the side and I smile cheekily at him.

"Why are you smiling as though there is something stuck in your throat? Am I missing something?" He looks confused, and he looks like he hates the fact that he isn't fully aware of what is going on.

I jump atop the bed and shake my head, but my thoughts drift back to yesterday and heat creeps unto my cheeks. Sam stares at me for a moment, then his eyes suddenly widen.

"You had sex last night!" He exclaims as he snaps his fingers and my face takes the colour of a beetroot.

My lips stretch into a huge smile, but Sam doesn't look too pleased. He stares at me with a crease on his forehead as though he's desperately trying to figure something out.

"My guess is it was Asher. Gross!" He shrugs in disgust and I frown at him. "Tell me you were at least smart enough to use protection." He quirks a brow up at me.

At his words, my eyes widen and I draw my lower lip between my teeth as it dawns on me just how stupid I was the night before. In my defence, my mind was too caught up in the moment to function properly.

No, Bells! That's not a good enough excuse. How stupid could you be? Bad, Bells! Bad!

Upon seeing my expression, Sam sighs in what seems to be exasperation and he shakes his head at my carelessness.

"By Hell! You're as careless as..." He trails off and exhales deeply through his nose.

I'm about to ask him to complete his sentence, but he grabs hold of my arm and leads me to the window. I stare up quizzically at him as I wonder what is going through that enigmatic brain of his.

"Sam, what are –"

"Heads up!" He proclaims.

Before I can properly process his words, I have been pushed out the open window and I am falling to my death.

I let out a loud scream as the wind whips past my ears. However, before my face makes impact with the ground and all the bones in my body breaks, I feel arms wrap around me and we are suddenly flying towards the sky.

My heart is pounding in my chest and my breaths come out in deep and heavy pants. However, I can hear Sam chuckle in amusement.

"What is wrong with you?" I scream at him and he hums in response. "Couldn't you just lift me up before you take off?"

"I could, but where's the fun in that? Consider this punishment for your recklessness," he states.

I feel him swoop down slowly and soon enough; my feet make contact with the solid ground.

The moment I am steady on my feet, I push away from Sam, choosing to stand as far from him as I can while I stare at him with a deep scowl on my face that doesn't seem to bother him.

"Punishment for my recklessness? Are you out of your mind? I could have died!" I yell and he just watches me with mild amusement in those violet eyes.

"You could also die from complications of childbirth. Did you stop to think about that when you were taking Asher inside of you completely unprotected? Do you know what you could die of too? STDs! How moronic can you be?" His voice is low and condescending, and it only angers me more.

Yes, I know I was wrong and made a stupid mistake, but that doesn't give him the right to stand there and act like he's my father.

"Jesus, Sam! You are acting like a sadistic prick right now! Yes, I was careless, but that doesn't warrant your throwing me out of a window. Are you not realizing how messed up that was?" I tug at my hair in frustration and he frowns deeply at me.

"No! What's messed up is that after all this time, you still think I am capable of killing you. Seriously?" He raises his brows at me and shakes his head in disappointment.

"How am I supposed to feel when you throw me out of a window?" I snap and he gestures widely with his arms.

"I don't know? Trust that I won't let you fall, just like I promised. Unlike you, Bells, I think things through rather than jump in with my hormones."

"You think things through?" I laugh, finding his words comical. "How hypocritical of you. You literally started a riot in Heaven and you're telling me you think things through?"

He looks taken aback by words, but he doesn't say anything. Instead, he shakes his head and walks away.

I look around and realize that we are standing just in front of a pharmacy and my cheeks heat up as I realize just why Sam brought me here.

I sigh deeply, already regretting my words to him but before I can call out, he is walking right out of the pharmacy, a small packet in his hand which he tosses to me.

Being too slow, I am unable to catch it so it ends up on the ground. Inhaling deeply, I pick the packet up.

"That's an emergency contraceptive pill, in case you're too stupid to figure that out. Take that now." He materializes a bottle of water which the tosses at me and it hits my face before falling into my hands. "Side effects include headaches, cramps and a bunch of things I don't necessarily care about. Bye."

He turns on his heels and starts walking away, but I call out his name and he halts in his steps but doesn't turn back to face me.

"Thanks," I tell him. He doesn't respond. He simply continues to walk away when I remember something important.

"Sam, wait!"

"For the love of all things evil! What is it?" He snaps at me as he turns so I can see the anger in his eyes. "I have better and more entertaining people to mingle with rather than a know-it-all teenager."

I swallow the hurt his words make me feel as I fiddle with the pill in my hand.

"Asher gave me the list of people who were there at the party," I inform him.

"Right now, I couldn't be bothered to care less. I'll take it from you in school."

I am unable to tell him anything again because he looks up to the sky, and he's gone, leaving behind a gust of wind as usual.

~~~

Not me updating instead of reading for the exams that begin in a couple of hours. Lol.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

What's up with Sam anyway?

Remember to vote and comment. 

I'm thinking of bringing this story to an end soon. What do you all think?