Sleep when You're Dead

Chapter Thirty-Three: Sleep When You're Dead

~~~

I am seated opposite from the dark eyed boy who fiddles with his camera for a bit, a huge grin on his face. My thoughts are racing and it is somewhat difficult to keep my head in place long enough to form an understandable sentence.

He doesn't seem to mind though. He's too busy adjusting settings on his camera. At least, that's what I think he's doing. The scenes of earlier today plays over and over in my head and fishing out my phone, I take in the time.

Five hours, and still no Sam.

"You seem distressed," Tony finally speaks up, though he hasn't looked up to regard me yet. I let out a short hum, not knowing how else to answer him. I doubt he has the attention span to listen to me anyway.

"I'm actually a good listener. You could tell me what's on your mind. Would be a shame to just let that frown keep resting atop your pretty face." He finally sets down the camera and flashes me a dazzling grin and I manage a small smile.

"Then what? You'd post my sob story on the Feed?" I quirk a brow at him and his eyes widen with disbelief and shock and he places a palm over his heart dramatically.

"Me?" His voice is a tone higher than usual. "It's saddening you have such little faith in me, Bells. Tut, tut." He clicks his tongue as he shakes his head and I cannot help but chuckle at his expression.

There's just something about his whole demeanour that is calming and inviting. It's no surprise he has quite a number of friends and apparently, a very active social media account. He just knows how to reel people in.

"Seriously though," all playfulness drops from his face. He shoves the camera aside and leans closer to me. "I don't put my whole life online, as you would've known if you take the time to view the videos on my blog. You can tell me what's bothering you, or at least what I can do to cheer you up."

I spare him a smile of gratitude, though I know there is no way in Hell I could actually tell him what's wrong with me. He would most definitely think I'm a nut case if I said 'I angered the Devil and he flew away, so here I am now, missing him terribly because despite being a narcissistic overgrown child, he is one of the truest friends I've had in a long while.'

That would so not go well. He'd probably avoid me for the rest of his life, or post to his blog that all the misery has gone to my head and I have officially lost my jingles.

"You know what'll make me feel better? Chocolate frosted doughnuts." I grin widely at me and he returns the gesture before he turns around and calls out to a waitress.

Currently, we are at a small bakery that has seemed to pick up a lot more since Lina's Pastry went ablaze. I look around at the purple coloured walls and the people minding their businesses in their booths and I let out a heavy sigh.

I wish Mrs. Lina was still alive.

The shorter lady walks up to us, a huge smile on her face that seems painfully forced and after taking our order, she walks away with her small notepad, leaving me once more with Antony.

"While we wait for that, something super strange happened today." He leans even closer to me from across the table and I watch him, my curiosity spiked. "Trixie just vanished from gym class and then, I heard her crying in the janitor's closet. I kid you not. She wouldn't speak with anyone. Not even Tiffany, and when Ash finally got her to come out, she was so shaken up. It was horrible."

I hum as I furrow my brows, feigning cluelessness, though my heart drums in my chest. Tony seems like the type of guy to get any detail he wants if he puts his mind to it.