Chapter 18 Deadly Consequences

Katherine wandered around Alaric's apartment bored out of her mind

Katherine wandered around Alaric's apartment bored out of her mind. Escaping would be a great option for her...if she wanted her head to be on a plate. Klaus had compelled her to not leave the apartment, however, thanks to the vervain in her system that Damon gave her, she was able to reverse the Original's compulsion through a loophole. Regardless, Katherine decided to stay and not face his wrath. God knows what he would do to her if he found out about Damon's secret visit. The vampire settled with rummaging the fridge. Much to her disappointment, there was nothing to eat; empty take-out containers and more empty blood bags occupied the shelves of the fridge. Katherine let out an annoyed sigh.

Get me out of this town, she wished.

The sound of footsteps coming closer to the front door entered Katherine's ears, she whipped her head to the side before speeding to the door curious as to who it was. She ruled out Klaus since he had just left for one of his murderous errands. The door opened revealing Alaric. He stayed in the hallway, opting not to enter Klaus's new lair.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back," Katherine commented.

"Well somebody had to invite him in," Alaric smirked moving to the side revealing Damon. Katherine's arms fell to her side in shock that the Salvatore brother came back.

My head is definitely going to be on a plate by the end of today.

"Damon, would you like to come in?"

Katherine shoved him to the wall as soon as Damon made his way past the door. "Do you know what will happen if Klaus finds out you're here?! Are you trying to get me killed?"

"I gave you vervain and I'm here to collect." Damon pushed her away now taking her original position with his hand firmly gripped on her neck. Without looking back, he said, "I got it from here Ric."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Only one of us needs to get blamed for this. You and Havana get back to the house and keep Elena from handing herself over to Klaus." Alaric nodded before heading back to Damon's car.

Katherine got out of Damon's hold by pushing him off. "Get blamed for what?" She questioned.

"I need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf. Dead werewolf equals no ritual."

"You can't interfere Damon. Klaus will kill you and everyone you've ever met." She walked away from him. "No. I won't help you."

"C'mon Katherine. You're gonna like this. It's going to buy another month of your pathetic life."

Katherine turned around smiling with her head held high "But I'm not the vampire he's sacrificing."

"What?"

"He's got, Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear."

"I wonder who he got that idea from?" Damon sarcastically wondered out loud, eyes flaring with anger as he approached Katherine threateningly