Chapter 47 Some Witchy Business

Havana wondered how she ended up in the position she was in right now sitting comfortably between Kol and Rebekah on the couch while the rest of the Mikaelson siblings got ready for the ball

Havana wondered how she ended up in the position she was in right now sitting comfortably between Kol and Rebekah on the couch while the rest of the Mikaelson siblings got ready for the ball. Groups of tailors, seamstresses, and manicurists scattered throughout the room attending to each of their needs. Elijah and Finn stood in front of the floor-length mirror getting measured for their tuxes, Kol enjoyed the blood of his fresh kill inside a wine cup, while she and Rebekah were getting their nails done. They acted like a usual family with bickering here and there yet they all were bonding in each other's presence as if they hadn't tried to kill their brother less than twelve hours ago. Speaking of Klaus, he was nowhere to be found when Havana woke up. She had assumed that he needed his space after that whole big dramatic family reunion last night. Instead of looking after him, Havana knew that it was best to let him be.

"...So as I was saying, he's cute and tall and extremely athletic. But I don't know if he's truly over his ex even though she has absolutely nothing on me." Rebekah shared with Havana who chuckled setting down her morning newspaper. 

"Sounds like you have a crush on Matt Donovan." She teased making her friend blush.

"Who is he? Is this him?" Kol held up the newspaper revealing Matt's face conveniently printed in one of the pages. It was an article about the Mystic High football team winning a game against another school out of town. In the middle of the article was Matt in his jersey and gear smiling cheekily at the camera while holding a big golden trophy. "He's human. Have you truly gone soft?" Kol scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"It's none of your business brother." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"I say you invite him to the ball tonight!" Havana excitedly encouraged to which her friend shook her head furiously.

"Me? Making the first move and asking him out? No way. He should be begging on his knees right now to ask me out." She scoffed at the idea which sounded ridiculous in her head.

"You don't think that do you?" Havana tilted her head. 

"She unfortunately does. That's why no one wants to date her...unless they're being compelled to." Kol snickered earning a gasp from Havana and a scowl from Rebekah who grapped the newspaper from his hands and hit him on the head with it.

"I still think it's a good idea. He's probably at the grill right now. You can swing by and give him the invitation yourself."

"And what of his annoying ex?" 

"Caroline is with Tyler right now. Trust me, they are strictly just friends." Havana waved it off confident in her statement. However, she did know that there was a possibility of Caroline being bothered by this but she did not care that much about it. Matt and Rebekah deserved a shot at potential happiness just like what Caroline and Tyler have. It would be unfair if Caroline who was already in a relationship denied Matt that.