Prologue

p a r t   o n e

Havana, Cuba

In a pile of sweaty bodies helplessly grinding themselves against each other, one stood out in a particular Original's eyes

Niklaus Mikaelson dipped his finger into his glass of scotch mixing the ice slowly as he stared at her swaying hips making him fall into trance. The mystery woman's movements were slow and...arousing...like everyone else's. What else could you expect? I'm in a salsa club in the middle of lively Havana. The woman's fingers softly slid from her arm to her collarbone while rolling her head back in sync with the upbeat music. The slit of her long dress didn't do her any justice of hiding those long and tempting legs of hers. The white color of her off the shoulder floral dress complimented her tan-which she probably got from sunbathing on the beach. Niklaus pictured her in a matching white bikini laying in the sand. His smirk grew wider. The big bad wolf stood up and approached his next prey.

Havana Sommers' attention went to the unreasonably handsome man behind her, he had his fingers resting on her moving waist

Havana Sommers' attention went to the unreasonably handsome man behind her, he had his fingers resting on her moving waist.  Havana absentmindedly bit her lip as her eyes locked with his. She noted his ocean blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. They both were quiet as they stared deeply into each other's eyes.

The music had just ended.

But neither of the two needed a formal introduction to get a second dance.

This time, the song playing wasn't like the previous one before. This one was more upbeat and more Cuban; traditional in other words. It started out with a simple guitar solo. Then erupted into various instruments played at the same time and the singer's feminine voice echoed throughout the club.

Klaus and Havana stood in front of each other, his hands on her waist, and her hands on his neck. They danced and swayed their hips together with the rhythm of the music. Klaus' hands occasionally ran down Havana's thigh causing her to play with a couple of locks of his hair. She too occasionally ran her hands down his arms feeling the bulkiness of his biceps. The sexual tension between the two was apparent to everyone in the room who were too, acting in such a manner for the night. Havana Nights, he smiled. The power of salsa amazed the hybrid.