Chapter 20 Choices: The Hinges To Destiny Pt. 1

Havana stared at Janet Lee with so many questions in her mind

Havana stared at Janet Lee with so many questions in her mind. Apparently, Elena and Jenna had the same questions.

"You-you've been a vampire the entire time?!" Jenna questioned, her eyes wide in shock.

"Not until this evening. I was a witch for most of my life until I gave up my powers to become a vampire." She explained nonchalantly. Her best friend still had her mouth open trying to process the information. "I know this is bad timing and you're probably in a lot of shock right now Jenna. But I'm done pretending to be someone I'm not. I love you Jenna Sommers ever since we first met in freshmen year. I sacrificed my powers so that I could be a vampire and take your place and die so that you can live. I thought I could do this but I can't. I don't want to die for you Jenna, I want to live for you." By now, she had tears forming in her eyes. The weight which rested on her shoulders for half a decade now gone as if it was never there. Jenna too was crying, surprisingly, she looked relieved and happy.

"I-if you're a witch, then how did you turn?" Elena asked putting an end to their moment. If this was any normal situation, Havana would've already thrown a shoe at her. But she stayed silent being curious as to how Janet was able to do this too.

The former witch smiled at Havana, "Remember that grimoire I told you about?" Havana nodded remembering the details of her digging it up from a witches' grave in Salem. "Well, it turns out that it had more than a few cool spells to-" Janet stopped talking. Her eyes wide as she stared at the stake on her chest deeply puncturing her heart.

"NO!" Jenna screamed running to her best friend. Klaus snapped her neck in an instant knocking Jenna out for the night. He had a wicked smile plastered on his face as Janet's dead body fell onto the ground with a wooden stake still sticking out of her chest.

Elena and Havana screamed with tears flowing down their cheeks.

A couple of minutes later, Stefan woke up. Elena and Havana were still crying though more silent than five minutes ago. He looked around and saw Jenna limp on the ground and Janet dead with a stake in her chest. He quickly pieced everything together, he felt like he failed them.

"I'm so sorry." He solemnly said to Sommer girls who gestured him to keep quiet.

"Kill him" Elena mouthed, her eyes still glassy.

Greta continued chanting while Klaus walked up to the doppelganger informing her that it was time to complete the ritual and die. The flames vanished around her and she stood up and walked towards the cauldron ignoring Klaus's offer to help her off of the ground.

Havana was silently praying that someone would rescue them now.

Klaus then proceeds on feeding on Elena with the intention of killing her.

Stefan helplessly crawls through the dirt trying to reach her while Havana was trying to leave the circle of fire whose flames grew more aggressive each step she took closer to the edge. They both could see the life drain from Elena's eyes and soon she too fell limp. Her eyes wide shut. Stefan and Havana screamed in vain starring at the lifeless teen on the ground.