Chapter 12: Before The Dance

"So we go to the dance and find him," Damon shrugged

Stefan scoffed, "Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like."

"Well, something tells me that he's not gonna be sixteen and pimply." Damon shot back.

"He could be anywhere at any time!"

"Then let's get Havana to pinpoint him! Seeing that they were close before-"

"-Hey! She's my cousin and your best friend!" Elena interjected glaring at the vampire. "I didn't call Havana to meet us here for a reason." She looked around the room. Bonnie was seated on the couch, Stefan was leaning on the wall while Damon had his head down feeling guilty about what he had just said. There were a couple of knocks on the door, followed by 'Alaric' coming in. "I'm sorry I'm late", he made his way to the couch beside Bonnie. Klaus smiled in satisfaction, but devious smirk fell from his face when Elena continued her speech. "Havana doesn't need this mess right now. I saw the pain in her eyes when she heard his name, you were there Bonnie-" she turned to her best friend "-you saw how broken she was. We all did. She nearly drank herself to death because of what that monster did to her. So I'm begging you please, I'm tired of seeing the people I love leave." Elena landed her eyes on Damon.

"You're right I'm sorry. I will do whatever it takes to protect you and your cousin Elena" He said genuinely. Elena placed her hand on top of his for comfort. None of them seemed to notice that 'Alaric' tensed. "Alaric, I need you to put me as a chaperone tonight. Klaus made his first move it's time to make ours."

"Yeah..sure." 'Alaric' answered blankly. The words he just heard about his beloved kept repeating in his mind. I did this, I broke her. Though no one noticed, his hands went to cover his face in shame.

"Okay, we find him, and then what? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asked.

Bonnie rose up from her seat answering confidently, "Me, I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I could channel. If I could find him, I can kill him."

"It's not gonna be that easy," Alaric dropped his hands almost laughing hysterically. His pride defended himself, "He is the biggest baddest vampire around."

"He has a point. What if he-" Damon zoomed to attack Bonnie when she brought her hand up threw him to the ground. He groaned rolling on the floor, "Well that's impressive...for a newbie witch."

"Well, I'm impressed," Stefan said enjoying seeing his brother in pain.

------------

Hyde Park, London, England

6 Years ago