Chapter 38 Putting Onself First For Once

Havana raised her glass to raise a toast

Havana raised her glass to raise a toast. She sat alone by the bar of the Mystic Grill. There was no one to toast with nor was there anything to toast about. It was a slow Monday afternoon yet a couple of familiar faces scattered throughout the grill. There was Matt the human in his friend group who was busy working and taking people's orders and then there were Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie who hid in the corner booth covering their faces with menus in an attempt for Havana not to see them. She didn't mind them spying on her though, she just wanted to drink in peace. Even if she did not tell anyone apart from her best friend Damon about Klaus officially letting her go from his heart, it was obvious that the Australian was devastated by his sudden exit from town. Everyone was on edge that she was going to slip into her dark alcoholic urges but what they didn't know was that Klaus already compelled her to stop that self-destructing habit of alcoholism the night they left town months ago.

It had been three weeks since Klaus ruined the teenagers' senior prank night. Three weeks since he found out Elena is alive. Three weeks since Klaus forcefully fed Tyler his blood. Three weeks since the Scooby Doo gang found out that Elena's blood was the key to making hybrids. Three weeks since Tyler was successfully turned into a hybrid. Three weeks since Damon showed up and threatened Klaus that he had just woken Mikael and he was on his way to kill him. Three weeks since Klaus left her brokenhearted.

She should feel relieved that he was gone. He was a threat to her kid cousin and her friends. He on multiple accounts almost successfully killed her best friend. Not to mention, all the damage and countless innocent dead bodies he left in his trail. The Original Hybrid only revolved around violence and an insatiable thirst for power. Havana experienced this firsthand when he was hellbent on sacrificing her cousin and killing anyone who slightly pissed him off during their road trip from hell. It was safe to say that Klaus Mikaelson was not a good person. But why did her heart still ache at the thought of him? Every time Havana tried to remind herself about the despicable things he'd done, fond memories of the man she fell in love with and who showed her the world took over instantly. The empty feeling inside of her craved him. She missed her Nik so much.

"Another one please," She called the bartender named Daehyun. She hadn't seen him before when she was still working here. It didn't take her long to realize that Daehyun was the one who took her job. "No no no. Forget the ice. Just pour it straight." She stopped him from adding more ice before adding the whiskey that nearly filled up the glass.

A figure from Havana's peripheral vision started to approach her. She sat there enjoying her drink staring straight ahead as that person sat next to her. Without turning her head, she asked that person if they wanted a drink as well.

"No thank you. I do not drink out of anger like my brother and not out of self-pity...like you." Havana narrowed her eyes at Rebekah who unapologetically shrugged. The two had become fast friends ever since she had woken up from her hundred-year slumber. It also helped that the Original did not know anyone in town apart from her. Besides, it was not like Rebekah couldn't get by without a familiar face close by. On the contrary, she was doing exceptionally well. She had enrolled herself in school and is now on the cheer squad. Her rising popularity was a threat to Havana's other blonde friend who was fuming in her table a couple feet from them.