14

It was nearing eight o'clock when they were finished with dinner

Hoseok hadn't been able to tear his eyes from her the entire evening. Ever since their first meeting he'd been trying his best to fight back the emotions that bubbled up inside him when he was around her. From the way her voice seemed to dance in the air, to the small freckles dotting the corners of her shoulders.

However, it wasn't just that, was it? His feelings for Chris were more. They were so much more.

His feelings for her caught every insecure thought she had about herself as if they wanted to abolish them from the world. His feelings for her sparkled when she would show the slightest confidence about her capabilities, about her character. His feelings for her wanted to continue being a witness in her self-discovery.

He wanted to watch her bloom into the beautiful person she wanted for herself, and to realise that she is all that she needs for her world to go around.

"Hoseok?" Chris's voice got louder and he jumped a little.

"Hmm?" eyes drawn to hers instantly, he fell into those brown oceans, another colour painting itself into the walls of his heart.

"Should we get going?"

"Oh, yeah," he sent her a small smile as he stood up, waiting for her. As she slid out of her seat, her hands went straight to her arms as she rubbed it up and down.

Immediately he felt for his jacket on his shoulders.

Dammit, I didn't bring one.

"Are you cold?" he asked instead.

"A little," she nodded, throwing a look over the balcony a couple feet away, "The sun's only setting now but it's quite cold already."

"I'm sorry, I don't have a jacket to lend you."

"Are you kidding?" grinning, she held her arm out and wrung it through his, "You don't need to do that for me, Hoseok."

He blinked down at the way his arm could hold hers so perfectly, the small space between it and his torso was a frame for her, and her only.

"Speaking of!" she spoke abruptly, causing his eyes to whip back up again, "I still have yours from that one time in the park."

"You can give it to me another time—"

"I keep forgetting," when they exited the restaurant, she started for the guest elevators, "If you can spare five minutes we can quickly go up to my room and get it."

"It's okay, honestly, you can give it to me the next time—" Hoseok was no longer looking at Chris now, eyes travelling from floor, to ceiling, to the flowers in every corner of the lobby in an attempt to save himself from the nerves eating up his insides.

He couldn't go to Chris's room when it was just the two of them, it was already taking all his might to hold himself together with her this close. How was he going to survive being in her room alone?