10

Chris pulled open the heavy door, a bubble in her throat forming as she thought of all the ways this could go wrong

But she didn't let that stop her.

Walking through the entrance, she scanned the place for the one man she was looking for.

"Hey!" the familiar voice came from behind her and Chris spun to face him.

"Jimin!"

"No hyung today?" Jimin looked over her shoulder and she shook her head.

"No, not today. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about him. Would you have five minutes to chat? Or could I catch you after your shift?"

He grinned, "My family owns the diner, I won't get into trouble." He put his notepad down onto the cashier's table, "Do you want to sit?"

"Probably. But I'll only be five minutes."

"Is everything okay?" he asked as he guided her to the booth she usually settled in with Hoseok.

"Yeah, everything's okay," she said as she sat down, "I just had a question about something regarding how things were done here, I didn't know who else to ask."

"Here? As in my diner?"

"No, sorry, in Alchemilla. So Hoseok told me that you guys do fundraisers quite regularly, he even mentioned a town ball that everyone attends to raise money for different things."

"Mhm," Jimin nodded, "The upcoming ball has been dedicated to the primary school because we didn't really have anything going on."

"Right, right. Well, you know how Hoseok's family isn't going to go through with treatment because of their finances?"

"Yeah."

"I was wondering-"

"Oh!" his eyes rounded like he'd just figured out the answer to one of life's craziest questions, "We could hold a fundraiser!"

The excitement and pride in Jimin's voice only made Chris giggle, "Yeah, that's what I was thinking, you think it might be a good idea?"

"It's perfect!" he wiggled in his seat, "Honestly, the boys and I were trying to figure out ways to help, but we just didn't have enough to cover the remaining costs. We had no idea what to do."

"I think it's beautiful that you guys were trying to help in any way you could."

"Same goes to you, Chris," Jimin grinned, "I'm glad hyung met you."

"I'm glad I met him," she told him.

"You know, if he was here I'd deny this too but; I'm glad I met him too. Hyung's one of a kind, huh?"

"Yeah, he is."

"This is perfect, though! I could have a word with our mayor and arrange a meeting with you and Hoseok to discuss the logistics-"