07

Hoseok opened the door of the humble home, a smile instinctively breaking out on his face as he looked around

The four-bedroom house used to belong to a family friend before they moved across the world.

Now it was filled with shelves and shelves of books, spilling over the edges and sitting around the floor. The smell of both old and new paperback always occupied the space the most, their aroma—while in deep contrast—seemed to mix well.

The walls were lined with polaroid film; boys on hiking trips, splayed across beaches, draped legs through trees.

Countless pairs of shoes were huddled by the door, and Hoseok shuddered as he stepped over them. While he loved the boys, he had always disagreed with the idea of these two living together.

The only time the house was clean was if one of the others urged them all to organise.

Throwing his jacket at the coat hanger, not checking to see if it had hung properly, he walked into the open living room, immediately laying on the couch.

"Jimin? You're home early," Namjoon's surprised voice came from the kitchen, and Hoseok groaned.

"It's me."

"Ah," his figure appeared in the door frame before he sat on the seat next to Hoseok. "Nice to see you finally."

He grinned, looking up at his friend, "Did you miss me?"

"If you can count missing my weekly strawberries, then yes," he held his glass of juice to Hoseok's mouth, "You alright?"

He nodded, lips pressed against the rim of the cup as he drank some of the beverage, "There's something I have to tell you guys, but I'll just wait until the rest are here. Something quite big."

"Well, now I'm nervous, you can't just say that and not tell me what it is!"

The pair whipped around when they heard the beeping of the door lock and watched as two more people walked in.

"Wait," Hoseok frowned, looking around the room, "You didn't bring my best friend along?"

"He's with his mom today," Seokjin shook his head, "Just be happy to see me, you moron."

"We promised today was going to be a boys day though, didn't we?" Yoongi shoved Hoseok's legs off the couch, sitting down in the free spot as the former huffed, getting up. "That's why Leah didn't come along."

"Yeah, I'm so ready to finally play The Last of Us," Seokjin sunk into the sofa next to Hoseok, resting his head on the younger's shoulder. 

Namjoon's phone sitting on the coffee table lit up then, and he read the screen. "Oh, the others said they can't come tonight," concentrating on the message, he continued, "Something about being stuck at work."