maggie placed a glass on the table before walking outside to meet andrea. rosaline could hear their infuriated voices.

     "how bad is she?" andrea queried.

     "it wasn't deep from what it looked like. rosaline is patching her up now." maggie replied.

      the green-eyed girl shook her head, before turning to beth. she held her hand out and the girl placed her wrist in her palm timidly, "i'm glad you saw another way." rosaline comforted, beginning to take saline and wiping the cuts down in order to disinfect it. after that, she used a bit of antiseptic cream to prevent infection before stitching it, firmly dressing the wound, and wrapping it in a bandage.

     beth watched her work carefully and admired how gentle she was, "thank you- and i'm sorry." she apologized.

     "no honey, don't be sorry. i'm glad you're okay, your sister would've been distraught if you weren't." rosaline soothed, whilst finishing off the wrapping, "we're gonna need to change this every day if the bleeding doesn't stop. make sure it doesn't get infected, okay?"

     she nodded, "you're good at this, but i never saw you work like this before."

     "there wasn't really a need. i patched daryl up when he needed his dressing redone. i used to study medicine." rosaline explained, smiling at her.

     "you should ask my dad to teach you some stuff if you want." beth offered, finally making some conversation.

     rosaline grinned at her suggestion, glad that the girl was relieving the tension by sparking up a chat with her, "i'll do that. you just rest okay?"

     "okay."

     suddenly, hershel rushed into the room checking over his daughter, he took a look at her bandaged wrist before turning to the brown-haired girl, "you did that? you know how?"

     "studied medicine before the world went to..." she stopped herself from cursing, "this. they let us do practicals."

     "i trust you've done it properly?" hershel asked earning a nod of confirmation, "good."

     "daddy, you should teach her more, so there's more help if anyone is injured." beth suggested from her seat.

     the old man took a long glance at rosaline, "would you be up to it?"

     she nodded, "of course. it'll come in handy if you're busy and we get more than one person that's injured."

     "it's settled then - for now, beth, go rest," he instructed, guiding the girl upstairs.

     rosaline slowly walked outside just to see maggie block andrea from entering, "stay away from us. don't you dare step foot inside this house ever again." maggie stared her down with a deathly look. if looks could kill... rosaline shivered. she wouldn't wanna be in her place.

     andrea only gaped at her in bewilderment, before glancing at lori. the woman didn't say anything, clearly still angered by their earlier argument. andrea nodded before walking away from them.

     rosaline eyed maggie, "she's going to be fine. i got her stitched up, your dad came to check and went to put her to bed."

     "thank you so much." maggie hugged her before lori turned to her.

     "i'm not going to say she was right, but beth has made her choice. she wants to live and now she knows it." she reiterated, "and sometimes you have to cross the line."

     the girl seemed to understand her words, nodding, "mmm." the three entered the house.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────